Creative Ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Ideas!

I just saw a picture and can't believe I didn't think of this myself. Buy a 5-shelf book shelf, hammer in nails on the outside of the adjustable shelves to keep them in place, turn it sideways, and then drill in hooks!

The tall 5-shelf is a Wal-Mart for $25 for the back to school sale. (They're probably on Craigslist and many rummage sales too)

Then, drill in hooks (with Short screws) for $2.28/piece

You can also use command tape instead of hooks for about the same price! This is just a creative idea. Please share any other creative ideas you have!

WOULD love to see the finish product in pictures......?

Comment

I did this and then put crossboards in to make cubbies. Alot cheaper than buying cubbies!

Comment

That's an awesome idea!

Thanks for the link to the bookshelf at Wal-Mart, actually...I was just trying to clean up my (and DH's, but he doesn't notice the mess, ) bedroom tonight and thinking how we need one, or even two, more tall bookshelves to hold our ever-growing book collection. I may just buy one or two of those shelves...even though I generally avoid Wal-Mart, that's an unbeatable price.
        Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

Here is the link where I saw the photo! (Took awhile before I found it again!)

http://community.babycenter.com/pcphoto/1828583

Comment

This is a great idea! OMG and so simple and obvious . I love the extra idea of adding a shelf for a cubby at the bottom. This is deffinetely going into my "I so want to do this when we move into a new and bigger house" list. We already have the bookcase but it's being used in my daughters room at the moment. When I move and have a bigger space maybe my honey will let me convert the garage yay!

Comment

Then, you can set a basket above each cubbie "Shelf" and then put the child's name on the wall above it! People seem to always be selling these tall shelves at rummages too, so I bet you could get one cheaper than Wal-Mart even. Good luck!

Comment

Love it! I will be keeping my eyes out for one of the those bookselves to make one. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                X