Throwing Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing Up...

just curious, I know centers say that after the 3rd diarrhea episode they go home and don't come back after 24 hrs clear... How about throwing up, will the 1st time do to send home for 24 hrs?

Originally posted by jokalima View Post
    just curious, I know centers say that after the 3rd diarrhea episode they go home and don't come back after 24 hrs clear... How about throwing up, will the 1st time do to send home for 24 hrs?
    I don't know about centers but I would definitely send them home after one vomit episode. I do not mess with stomach bugs.

K
    Homeschooling Mama to:
    lovethis
    dd12
    ds 10
    dd 8

Comment

One and they go home

Comment

1 and they are sent home for at least 24 hrs., if it's bad (with a fever etc) I try to exclude for 48 hrs.

Comment

The home daycare I used to work at she would call the parents if they just threw up once. I remember one of my classmated in 4th grade threw up on her desk during class and the teacher just said "Go to the nurses office, your going home" and then called the janitor- because that is usually a sign of a stomach virus or a more serious illness. At my college's preschool center I think they do this too because only qualified people can clean up vomit (hazmat trained janitors) and because the other kids are suseptable to it and the janitors leave early. It also depends on what is in your contract.

Comment

One episode (regardless of why) and they go home.

Comment

See ya...... And may not return until 24 hours vomit free.

Comment

Our health dept. and licensing rules state that one episode of vomit and they are home until no more vomiting for 24 hours.

Comment

one time is good enough for me!!

Comment

One and done!

Comment

same as everyone else...
                      ONE ... OUT~~~~~

Comment

And BTW, our centers here say 2 bouts of explosive diarrhea and they go home.

1 incident for vomit.

Comment

Originally posted by jokalima View Post
                          I send home after 2 diarehha incidents within a 1 hr timeframe & 1 throw-up & you are gone - no second chances

Comment

I send home after 2 diarrhea episodes and send home after one throwing up episode.

Comment

My kids never get sick, very,very rarely they do. DCK got sick during weekend, dcm was nice enough to tell me Sunday night so I told her over phone that dck needed to stay home, ok, good. Yesterday the little girl comes back, mom says she is doing better, no fever, so once mom is gone, girl has an episode of throwing up plus fever. Called mom over the phone and she was clearly upset because I let her know she had to keep dcg home again. She came passed the hour after I called and she works 15 minutes from here. Then when she picked up she was clearly upset, did not say it out loud, but you know parents when their attitude changes. Anyways, I asked cause sometimes this situations make me feel sorry for them and insecure about my policies and want to ask what do others do to help me know I am doing the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X