Sick again, I need feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick again, I need feedback

So all my dck returned today and parents came in with doctor notes however, one dcb came in with green mucus and the note is only for couch. Notes states the following: "he is thought to have cough secondary to exercise induced asthma or possible seasonal allergies. He is not thought to be contagious and may return to daycare as long as he is afebrile.

Do I send him home because the note has nothing to do with his cold? I was told by licensing that if the mucus is clear they can stay.

Needs some advice

Thanks

Originally posted by Little Star75 View Post
    So all my dck returned today and parents came in with doctor notes however, one dcb came in with green mucus and the note is only for couch. Notes states the following: "he is thought to have cough secondary to exercise induced asthma or possible seasonal allergies. He is not thought to be contagious and may return to daycare as long as he is afebrile.

Do I send him home because the note has nothing to do with his cold? I was told by licensing that if the mucus is clear they can stay.

Needs some advice

Thanks
    A doctor doesn't decide who gets to come into my home or not, I do. If a child has any symptom I am not comfortable with, I send home and let the parent know they cannot return until the symptom ceases. If it's a symptom I am unsure about, I request a Dr. note with diagnoses and treatment - and *I* decide from there.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemissmuffet View Post
      A doctor doesn't decide who gets to come into my home or not, I do. If a child has any symptom I am not comfortable with, I send home and let the parent know they cannot return until the symptom ceases. If it's a symptom I am unsure about, I request a Dr. note with diagnoses and treatment - and *I* decide from there.
      Thank you,

Comment

Working...
      X