No announcement yet.

Naps? Before or After Lunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do "quiet time" from 12-2. Lunch is around 11:15 with free time after until noon if the kids finish early. My baby may take an earlier nap, but generally falls asleep around 11. My kids don't have to nap, but they must lay quietly until 2. I let my oldest daycare kid get up once and play quietly during quiet time after everyone else fell asleep, and never again. He could not play quietly. Woke everyone up.

Comment

Lunch before naps. I find that full bellies = better naps. I do move lunch a little eariler if I have a younger group who are just giving up AM naps. One of the perks of being the boss

My AM naps are scheduled from 8-10, and everyone is up by/at 10 (older infants/younger toddlers who are being weaned from AM naps are up a little eariler) I find it to be easier so that everyone is ready for the PM nap at the same time.

Comment

I do naps after lunch. By the time they lay down and their little head hit the pillow they are sleep! with the exception of on dcg

Comment

Originally posted by LoraJenkins View Post
          I find that the kiddies sleep better on full tummies. So we have lunch, potty break, brush teeth & wash up, cots out, story time and down for nap. Same routine every single day. It helps them settle down if they have the same nap routine daily and I very rarely have issues. They usually fall asleep within 15-20 minutes.
          Yep me too.

Comment

Working...
          X