Circle Time Rugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circle Time Rugs

Does anyone have a circle time rug like this style ? I would love one - am now using a parachute (everyone sits on their own section of color). But all the ones I can find are in the ball park of 300-400.00. I don't mind spending the $300.00 (OUCH!!) if i have to, but was wondering if anyone had any less expensive alternatives.

Ideally I would like one of the child themed ones, with a shape/color/etc for each child to sit on. But have been thinking about buying a brightly colored circular rug, and just having the children sit on the perimeter.

I don't want to do carpet squares, because I want something that is permanent and can't be moved.

Last edited by SilverSabre25; 02-28-2013, 01:52 PM. Reason: added photo :)

Look on Ebay. I found an 8 by 8 circle rug for 100 dollars once and free shipping! It was brand new! Its outlined in red with the alphabet on a train and yellow in the middle with the alphabet again and numbers. Love it!

Comment

Here's the listing for the rug I bought. Now its priced at 129. That's still not bad!
      http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=90172853388

Comment

I have this rug. The kids like to chose an animal to sit on. But they are expensive. I had to pay about $400 for this one and that was years ago.

I have heard of people getting crafty and designing their own from craps, weaving one or painting one on canvas or linoleum.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ikea has beautiful rugs for $20.00 & 25.00. They are rectangular tho. They are bit smaller than the oval school rugs. They are also muted tones and nature themed, but I love mine.

Comment

have a regular floor rug, from Walmart. If you feel the kids need a special spot to sit on, go to a carpet store and ask if they have any old samples you can have. They are the prefect size for little bottoms. Free.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
              have a regular floor rug, from Walmart. If you feel the kids need a special spot to sit on, go to a carpet store and ask if they have any old samples you can have. They are the prefect size for little bottoms. Free.
              I saw on an hgtv episode a while back where they made a decorative rug with carpet tape and carpet samples. They used a utility knife to cut the shapes they desired and then taped the back so it would all stay together. They put it under a dining room table. I'm not sure how it'd hold up to daycare use, but it was a neat idea and cost effective.

Comment

Check out kid carpet.com. This company has their own mill, and the rugs are made in the USA. I bought the Alphabet Tumbler rug. I paid 179.00 with free shipping for a 6 x 9 area rug. It arrived within a week and I'm more then pleased.

Comment

Keep an eye on Groupon. Every once in a while thye have a deal for rugsusa.com and I got $235 worth of rugs for $95. They have a lot of rugs like that too.

Comment

I have a rectangle rug from Lakeshore that I bought used from a Preschool that went out of business.

Rectangle rugs work just as well.

Comment

www.bizchair.com had the best prices I have found. I got great service and fast shipping on the stuff I ordered from them.

You can also paint family dollar store rugs with fabric paint pretty cheap for a more personal (and easily replaceable/disposable) look...
                      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by blandino View Post
                        Does anyone have a circle time rug like this style ? I would love one - am now using a parachute (everyone sits on their own section of color). But all the ones I can find are in the ball park of 300-400.00. I don't mind spending the $300.00 (OUCH!!) if i have to, but was wondering if anyone had any less expensive alternatives.

Ideally I would like one of the child themed ones, with a shape/color/etc for each child to sit on. But have been thinking about buying a brightly colored circular rug, and just having the children sit on the perimeter.

I don't want to do carpet squares, because I want something that is permanent and can't be moved.

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=
                        I have the exact same rug in your pic, I love it! Kids love walking around naming letters and numbers and I can't believe how much they love sitting on the sun
                        I think I have the 5x10, I paid 275 including shipping and taxes...worth every penny!

Comment

Working...
                        X