Best Computer and Programs for FCC???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Computer and Programs for FCC???

I am looking to get a new laptop for my FCC Business. I want something to do recordkeeping, internet, pics, curriculum planning etc.

Looking for suggestions on brands and model of computer to get. Don't want to spend a ton, but something that is reliable.

Also, what programs do you have to use with your business?

thanks

I'm not sure on computer brands and models (my DH is an IT and computer repair guy and he picks everything out for me) but I've never owned anything other than a Dell or HP.

As for software, the only thing I can't live without is Minute Menu Kids Pro. It does everything. Keeps track of attendance, meals, mileage, time-space, expenses, payments and more. Other than that I use Microsoft Office like Word and Excel but I doubt they are necessary. Google has Google Drive (was Google Docs) which has a word processor and spreadsheet which you can use for free for stuff like contracts and records.

Comment

As for software, the only thing I can't live without is Minute Menu Kids Pro. It does everything. Keeps track of attendance, meals, mileage, time-space, expenses, payments and more.
      They used to be CKkids and were much more user friendly. There are way to many steps to be on to enter the information, IMO. I'm using it because of the food program but really wish it had more to it than what they offer, like a parent check-in/out program.
      I see little people.

Comment

I bought a used Dell for the children to use. I, personally, use a Macbook Pro. It all depends on what you want and like.

I agree about Minute Menu Kids Pro. I also use that program for invoicing my clients and they pay through the program that runs through it called ChildCarePay.com.

My clients sign in and sign out at checkinkids.com. It is free and I pull it up on the iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
          They used to be CKkids and were much more user friendly. There are way to many steps to be on to enter the information, IMO. I'm using it because of the food program but really wish it had more to it than what they offer, like a parent check-in/out program.
          Yes, I agree that it would be better if they had this added bonus but even without it I absolutely love it. I personally don't see it as hassle when I enroll new children or when I initially set it up but I can see where maybe some users may not like the program.

Being able to have an additional screen where the parents "clock" in and out would be useful but as for me I like having my paper sign-in sheets that the parents sign everyday. This way I have proof for tax purposes that it wasn't just me checking the kids in everyday KWIM?

I do wish that they had the phone app option for MMK Pro like they do for the food program. As of right now they only have the app for the simpler version (food program version) and you can't invoice clients (as far as I remember) with that version. I'd love to be able to everything that MMK Pro does on an app. Invoicing clients and keeping track of meals on my phone instead of my computer would awesome.

Comment

Working...
          X