Part Time vs Full Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
    5 days a week whether here for one hour or 9 hours is still 5 days so that would be my FULL weekly rate.

I would NEVER give a discount to someone who is attending 5 days week unless you could find someone to fill the space around them.

Plus 12:30 drop off is smack in the middle of my busiest time of the day and for me that is harder to deal with NOT easier.

Bottom line is if you have access to the full time space, you are billed the full time rate.
    I agree with BC. If someone wanted 5 days starting a noon or not, I would bill the F/T rate and not offer a discount!

Comment

Kids are here 9 hours per day. My part time kids are here 27 hours per week (3 days) or 18 hours per week (2 days).

Others are here around 45 hours per week. Never more (unless they're late and they're charged accordingly!).

Comment

My PT is 2 days or less and must be same 2 days every week. So FT is 3 or more days.

State paid PT is 7-24.9 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          What would you consider 5 days per week from 12:30 to 5:15. They are taking up a full time slot but not the full time hours. Would you charge ft rate, or give a small discount, like $10 off the ft rate.
          5 days a week no matter how many hours a day a client needs would be considered FT for me as well.

I actually word it like this:
           Full-Time: Full-time care is defined as a minimum of four (4) days a week with a maximum of fifty (50) hours a week and a maximum of ten (10) hours per day.

 Part-Time: Part-time is defined as three (3) or less days a week, a maximum of 29 hours per week and a maximum of ten (10) hours per day.

Comment

Part time for me is 20 hours or less. I have one child that is here from 7:40-12:20 M-F and she pays my full time rate. I have another who comes 8:30-3:30 M,T and F and they also pay the full time rate. I always carefully consider the schedule and how it will work with my business hours of 7:30-3:30 before signing them on though. My clients also pay for contracted hours so the person that is picked up at 12:20 can't stay until 3:30 unless they want to pay extra or make that their set schedule, same goes with the client who pays full time and comes M,T,F, they cant just decide they want to come Tuesday and Thursday.

Comment

I think 25 hours is reasonable for part time. It probably depends more on what you charge.

Comment

Working...
              X