Nanny Cam???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanny Cam???

I have a question for all of you.... How would you feel if you have a new parent inquiring about daycare and decides to go with your daycare but wants to place a "Nanny Cam" in your home for her comfort?

I will feel very uncomfortable, not that I'm doing something bad but just the fact that you know you are being recorded.
    Is it normal to feel this way?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

nope would never allow it. It would be an invasion of privacy but how would the other parents react knowing that some total stranger was watching their child all day. Too creepy. This also screams RUN AWAY. If they can't trust you enough to take care of their child then they are not the people you want.

Comment

I would agree to installing a camera system if they would like to pay for it . But I would need to be the one to set it up and have control over it. I would not allow the parents to be in charge of it. This is my home and I would not want them watching during non childcare hours. Plus ALL parents of children enrolled would need to agree and would have to be able to log on .
      It:: will wait

Comment

That's exactly how I feel, invasion of privacy and honestly I don't think the other parents would agree.

Thank you both for your responses

Comment

I have too much to hide to allow cameras and a live feed. My son alone would have his privacy challenged. He needs to be able to freely talk while in his home without worry that a customer is going to view, tape, and dispense his image and voice whenever and however they wish. They couldn't pay me enough to invade HIS privacy in his own home.

Their comfort and security is never more important than my sons.

My child first.

There are a million other reasons why but my kid is enough to say no.
          http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

The fact that they don't trust me and my facility enough that they want a camera is not a way to start a business relationship and I would be telling them that I am not the place for them.
            lovethis daymommy to 7 kiddos - 5 girls and 2 boys

Comment

Not in my home. If ahe wants that she needs to go to a center.

Comment

Never in a billion years.

As soon as daycare is over, I rush upstairs and get my jammies on. The thought that someone could be watching me and my family is too creepy for words.

If she is that paranoid, she needs a nanny and should install the nanny-cam in her OWN home.

Comment

I would never allow a parent to dictate my policies and would never EVER allow them control of recordings in my home. IF I was ever to do a nanny cam, I would control the cam. Further, I would let all parents know of policies so each of them have the chance to decide if they even want to attend a place that records their children (and that other parents potentially have access to those recordings)

I am with Nanny 100%. Anything that comes up as a dilemma is always decided based on what is best for me and my kids. I dont want my kids on camera for other parents to view. If they want recording during daycare, they can go find another place for that.

Off topic but I would only save recordings and allow viewing if an accusation came up. I wouldnt allow parents to watch all day every day. I know I wouldnt want other parents viewing my kids all day at daycare either but I do understand the comfort in knowing that recordings are available if needed.

Comment

I wouldn't do it.

What if Katie is bossy to their child? Are they going to overreact and be rude to Katie? What if Katie's behavior is perfectly age appropriate, would it be fair to her to have this kid's parents dislike her based on her grumpy day?

What if Michael's mom needs to tell me that Michael's Dad moved out on Friday? Do I need to tell her "You can't share that with me, because we are on NannyCam"?

What if I forget to turn it off, and then walk out to my kitchen to get my phone while in my undies?

What if nobody is looking and I shove four girlscout cookies in my mouth at the same time?

Comment

No way! Not because I am doing anything wrong, but it just seems like a general privacy concern. They wouldn't just see their kid and you, but every kid enrolled. I don't think all of my families would be comfortable with that. Plus, this is my home!

Comment

This could be a disaster waiting to happen- no matter what you choose...

If you are uncomfortable with it, you can tell them that you believe it would violate the rights of the other children and families in your daycare (confidentiality and privacy) and that all the parents would have to sign waivers and that since they would be the only ones with the feed it would be unfair and unlawful for you to allow them to do this. Also if their child knows about this, it might make their child more likely to act up in thinking that you cannot use discipline (guidence). Also remind them that not only is this your place of business but it is also your home- you and your family have a right to privacy.

When all else fails you can blame liscensing and say they wont allow it (because it violates the privacy and confidentiality rights of the children, parents, your employees, your family, you). And for all we know it might be... Nanny cams are actually illegal to plant without consent EXCEPT when they are in your own home and only with your children and privately paid employees (A guy who owned a spy shop said this on an episode of "Flipping Out", a reality show based in CA). It is especially illegal to video tape minors without their parents concent.

I have seen one daycare website where they have a thing that parents can sign in during daycare hours and get a live feed to check on their children (it is only accessable to daycare parents) and i am sure the provider makes sure that the parents need to be okay with this if they want to sign up- and I am sure thats why many parents go to this program or why some may not be comfortable there. I think after hours she may turn it off. I have thought of this as a possibility and weighed the pros and cons- and I am still deciding weather or not it is fully worth it. Part of me thinks for private use it would be good because If someone makes a false claim you could just go back to your videos to prove them wrong. But than again that would be alot of tapes/Cd/USBs and a lot of money for equipment and maintance.

Comment

Love all responses, I feel much better. Thank you all. happyface

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
                            I would never allow a parent to dictate my policies and would never EVER allow them control of recordings in my home. IF I was ever to do a nanny cam, I would control the cam. Further, I would let all parents know of policies so each of them have the chance to decide if they even want to attend a place that records their children (and that other parents potentially have access to those recordings)

I am with Nanny 100%. Anything that comes up as a dilemma is always decided based on what is best for me and my kids. I dont want my kids on camera for other parents to view. If they want recording during daycare, they can go find another place for that.

Off topic but I would only save recordings and allow viewing if an accusation came up. I wouldnt allow parents to watch all day every day. I know I wouldnt want other parents viewing my kids all day at daycare either but I do understand the comfort in knowing that recordings are available if needed.

Comment

Never would I allow that.

Comment

Working...
                              X