How Would You Answer This Text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Msdunny View Post
    The younger DCB in this family and I sat by the window this afternoon for about an hour watching the wind blow the clouds by overhead. He loves to talk...and talk and talk! We talked about where the clouds were going, where the sun was, and whatever else he brought up. To me, that time was much more of a learning experience than any worksheet! . That is why I do this - I want to make memories with these kids, to make any time away from their parents ok and special, and maybe along the way teach them a few colors or shapes or letters. But that is difficult to translate to a parent, I know.
    If I was this childs parent, I would absolutely love that you did that with my son. That sounds so nice.

Comment

Lovemykidstoo...i abhore binkies other than for sleeping. My son was a blanket sucker and was so hard to break him of that...he didnt talk at all...not a word...until he was three. He started daycare when i went back to work and he finally started talking. Im dead sure they just took the blanket at the door...in fact i just stopped bringing it at all pretty quickly...seizing the opportunity of a new setting maybe helping assist the change. He talked so late that he word stops very badly. He is five and this is something that should stop by age 3 which isnthe age hebstarted talking. He uses a speech therapist now and is making progress thank goodness. So yeah...walking around with things in our mouth all day...totally agree it should be broke. And i do require the kids to...in some way...use their words.

To pp...i love the way you work with your daycare kids. Learning based on what the childnis interested in. I would also love if a provider treated my children like that. You are all so amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetotspot View Post
        Lovemykidstoo...i abhore binkies other than for sleeping. My son was a blanket sucker and was so hard to break him of that...he didnt talk at all...not a word...until he was three. He started daycare when i went back to work and he finally started talking. Im dead sure they just took the blanket at the door...in fact i just stopped bringing it at all pretty quickly...seizing the opportunity of a new setting maybe helping assist the change. He talked so late that he word stops very badly. He is five and this is something that should stop by age 3 which isnthe age hebstarted talking. He uses a speech therapist now and is making progress thank goodness. So yeah...walking around with things in our mouth all day...totally agree it should be broke. And i do require the kids to...in some way...use their words.

To pp...i love the way you work with your daycare kids. Learning based on what the childnis interested in. I would also love if a provider treated my children like that. You are all so amazing.
        That's exactly what I do, I have all the blankies and pacifiers at the door and I have no problem if they have them at naptime, but I don't think they need them all day. I don't think that's good for their development. Not 1 of them gives me any problem with it either. It's not a struggle. I try to engage them in conversation constantly trying to get them more verbal, but I think that since they put it in their mouths as soon as mom or dad walk in, I'm quite sure they use it alot at home. I have 2 kids that are like this.

I love that Msdunny does this type of bonding and sharing with the children. I do that too and I just love it. We had an inside picnic today and we all just sat there and ate lunch and talked and it was so nice.

Comment

This might of been her way of asking if her kids look like they are at the right developmental milestones for their age like being able to use scissors or participate in social activities or if their is anything they need to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by Starburst View Post
            This might of been her way of asking if her kids look like they are at the right developmental milestones for their age like being able to use scissors or participate in social activities or if their is anything they need to work on.
            I think you are probably right, Starburst. I let her know this morning that her DD is working hard on her Kindy skills, and that we do lots if things that won't be sent home but that are still skill builders. Thanks for the reassurance, everyone!

Comment

Working...
            X