No Wipe No Flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Wipe No Flush

What do you do with the kids that don't wipe or have you help wipe or flush the toilet? Especially if they are newly potty trained? Or do you just hope they get a good bath that night? it really kind of bothers me and grosses me out if they don't.

I make sure they call me in before they leave if they poop, and everyone has, except one girl I have she would never call me in, most times I would lay her down, and take a baby wipe to her, and sometimes it was just a...hope she gets washed, I did ask the parents when this was happening if she would call them in, and they said no, she never would....

Comment

I have them call me when they are done too. But just so I can supervise the wiping and flushing process. I try not to do it for them. For a while, I give them baby wipes (its easier for them to get as much as possible with them) and then when they get used to wiping they get toilet paper.

I also give 2 M&Ms for remembering to flush and wash hands

Comment

everybody calls me in to check. I supervise/assist with wiping unless it's messy, then it's easier to do myself.

My dcg's don't call me in. The boys like to 'show me'. ::

Comment

That's what I have all my kids do to but this boy NEVER does. I will go in the bathroom and have a surprise in the toilet and I keep telling him that he needs to tell me if he poops. Usually I see him go in there and I'll say, are you going poop? and he ALWAYS says no, and so I'll keep checking and he doesnt poop. Then it's always that one time I ask he says no that he does poop. (he rarely poops here, he's full time and maybe once a week if that). Mom said he does not tell her at home either. Thankfully they aren't "pasty" poops but stilll.

Comment

How do you guys let the 2-3 yr olds wipe themselves, I watch my own 3 yr old daughter try to wipe, but her hand can't reach back there, her arm isn't long enough, i have no kids under the age of 4 that properly wipe their bottoms, I will always wipe them myself, until sometime in their 4th year, I think they can start doing it fairly decent by themselves, I have a 4 yr old boy who I was supervising wipe himself, but it was a mess! poop would get everywhere, it was so gross, one time I went in there, and he was on the floor naked(he can't poop without all his clothes off) and he was sitting on the floor smearing poop everywhere with toilet paper everywhere, and poop on his hands, and I said XX you have to stay on the potty to wipe your butt, and he said I know but I can't reach good enough, but I can reach really good sitting like this..........um yeah he's 4 1/2 and we are working on it, but I always have to double check, and theres always alot still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewels View Post
              How do you guys let the 2-3 yr olds wipe themselves, I watch my own 3 yr old daughter try to wipe, but her hand can't reach back there, her arm isn't long enough, i have no kids under the age of 4 that properly wipe their bottoms, I will always wipe them myself, until sometime in their 4th year, I think they can start doing it fairly decent by themselves, I have a 4 yr old boy who I was supervising wipe himself, but it was a mess! poop would get everywhere, it was so gross, one time I went in there, and he was on the floor naked(he can't poop without all his clothes off) and he was sitting on the floor smearing poop everywhere with toilet paper everywhere, and poop on his hands, and I said XX you have to stay on the potty to wipe your butt, and he said I know but I can't reach good enough, but I can reach really good sitting like this..........um yeah he's 4 1/2 and we are working on it, but I always have to double check, and theres always alot still there.
              Same here. I do not allow them to wipe selves until a few months before getting ready to go to kindergarten. They cannot properly wipe, get poo on their hands, have stinky butt the rest of the day and it's just YUCK!!!! Totally grosse me out to think they are running around with yuck butt in my house! LOL! ::

Comment

Originally posted by tenderhearts View Post
                That's what I have all my kids do to but this boy NEVER does. I will go in the bathroom and have a surprise in the toilet and I keep telling him that he needs to tell me if he poops. Usually I see him go in there and I'll say, are you going poop? and he ALWAYS says no, and so I'll keep checking and he doesnt poop. Then it's always that one time I ask he says no that he does poop. (he rarely poops here, he's full time and maybe once a week if that). Mom said he does not tell her at home either. Thankfully they aren't "pasty" poops but stilll.
                Lol. Reminds me of my ds when he was is his potty training/flying solo stage. He was always a "closet pooper". He'd tell me every time he had to pee but when it came to poop he would get real quiet and run in another room to poop (before we started w/ underpants). When he moved up to big boy underwear he was always very proud of going to the bathroom by himself but would still always slink off to poop. I think he was just embarrassed at first. I usually checked in on him and would show him how to wipe properly. It didn't take long for him to kick me out of the bathroom and start locking the door. There was plenty of dirty underwear come bath time but then he quickly realized that not wiping good enough would give him an itchy butt. . He started asking for help soon after.

Maybe your dcb wants to be independent but is a little embarrassed by the whole process? I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as his parents are making sure he's clean every night. Just keep an eye out for scratching.

Comment

They can reach if they do that sort of squatting thing while over the potty. My 3 year old regularly wipes his hiney and does a pretty good job, . But he is still using baby wipes to make that easier.

Comment

FOr me it depends on their age and how long they have been PTed.

If they are 5 years old, then I feel I should not be touching their privates and that at this age they should be able to do it well enough on their own.

Under 5 I have no issues helping them if they ask me to. I wear gloves, because I can't stand the thought of poop being on me....lo

Crystal you made me laugh so hard.....stink butt..... that is so funny....l

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                      Same here. I do not allow them to wipe selves until a few months before getting ready to go to kindergarten. They cannot properly wipe, get poo on their hands, have stinky butt the rest of the day and it's just YUCK!!!! Totally grosse me out to think they are running around with yuck butt in my house! LOL! ::
                      I always check here too BUT no one, and I mean NONE, of my DCK's flush the toilet. Not a single one of them. My nephew (one of my DCK's) has clogged up my toilet twice before and flooded my bathroom with dirty poo water to the point of water seeping through the wall into the garage so thanks but no thanks. Since then ...
                      NO ONE UNDER 4 FEET TALL FLUSHES THE TOILET HERE AT MY HOUSE.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
                        I always check here too BUT no one, and I mean NONE, of my DCK's flush the toilet. Not a single one of them. My nephew (one of my DCK's) has clogged up my toilet twice before and flooded my bathroom with dirty poo water to the point of water seeping through the wall into the garage so thanks but no thanks. Since then ...
                        NO ONE UNDER 4 FEET TALL FLUSHES THE TOILET HERE AT MY HOUSE.
                        Oh gross.....

I make all of the kids flush once before they pull up their pants. But I am always within ear and eye shot of what they are doing.

Comment

If they are over 3 and potty trained they wipe themselves, if they are having to much trouble I will help, but usually I don't. It's something I got from DC Center when i worked there, I was told NOT to touch the kids when they used potty, we were not allowed, that was one of the reason they have to be potty trained before entering preschool, when I started my DC I brought that with me.

Comment

Originally posted by jokalima View Post
                            If they are over 3 and potty trained they wipe themselves, if they are having to much trouble I will help, but usually I don't. It's something I got from DC Center when i worked there, I was told NOT to touch the kids when they used potty, we were not allowed, that was one of the reason they have to be potty trained before entering preschool, when I started my DC I brought that with me.
                            Agree!!

Comment

Originally posted by jokalima View Post
                              Me too! I tell them I will "check their work" :: and tell them if they need to wipe some more, but once they are sufficently potty trained, they need to do it. I do have the wet wipes (flushable) and find the kids like using them. In my mind it's an important self skill to master . I do keep a close eye on my pt'd kids and will pop my head in the bathroom to check on them.

I remember when I was teaching preschool years ago a child had an accident. I sent her to the bathroom to wait for mom and clean herself up (oh the days when I didn't have to be the one to clean it up:: ) and I knocked on the door to check on her and she said in a stern voice "TEACHERS DO NOT COME IN THE BATHROOM WITH STUDENTS!"

Comment

Working...
                              X