Why, Oh Why Did I Do This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, Oh Why Did I Do This?

I took my "friend's" (we are not really close) kid. It is supposed to be temporary(like a month) and I really needed the money. Sooo I guess I just answered my own question but MAN do I want to tell her off right about now. Oh, and if you djon't know by now--WARNING: Vent Alert!

She has broken almost EVERY SINGLE rule in my handbook! Paying late, picking up late and not calling, sorry, texting until 15 mins after close to let me know she's on her way, showing up whenever she wants without calling to let me know she's even coming, bringing kid in her pajamas with a soaking wet pull up ("I couldn't get her out of bed" says dcm), showing up half an hour after breakfast is over saying she hasn't eaten yet or bringing her in with McDonalds and sitting her a the table with it, not bringing suppplies, etc.

Today is the kicker. She did not show up yesterday. No call, no text, nothing. Today 11:00 rolls around and after I served lunch I called dcm to check on dcg (plus she still owed me for this week). Dcm says she herself was sick yesterday so she decided to keep dcg home with her and dcd was supposed to be bringing dcg today. Guess who shows up 15 mintes before nap time and has only eaten a donut today??? And she has obviously slept in because she didn't want to go to sleep

I already know what i need to do: Grow a backbone! But I'm so afraid she's going to badmouth me to everyone because she's mad. And you know how we even met each other? We worked in a daycare together! She knows how to treat me. I'm just fuming that she would be so inconsiderate

Originally posted by Patches View Post
    I took my "friend's" (we are not really close) kid. It is supposed to be temporary(like a month) and I really needed the money. Sooo I guess I just answered my own question but MAN do I want to tell her off right about now. Oh, and if you djon't know by now--WARNING: Vent Alert!

She has broken almost EVERY SINGLE rule in my handbook! Paying late, picking up late and not calling, sorry, texting until 15 mins after close to let me know she's on her way, showing up whenever she wants without calling to let me know she's even coming, bringing kid in her pajamas with a soaking wet pull up ("I couldn't get her out of bed" says dcm), showing up half an hour after breakfast is over saying she hasn't eaten yet or bringing her in with McDonalds and sitting her a the table with it, not bringing suppplies, etc.

Today is the kicker. She did not show up yesterday. No call, no text, nothing. Today 11:00 rolls around and after I served lunch I called dcm to check on dcg (plus she still owed me for this week). Dcm says she herself was sick yesterday so she decided to keep dcg home with her and dcd was supposed to be bringing dcg today. Guess who shows up 15 mintes before nap time and has only eaten a donut today??? And she has obviously slept in because she didn't want to go to sleep

I already know what i need to do: Grow a backbone! But I'm so afraid she's going to badmouth me to everyone because she's mad. And you know how we even met each other? We worked in a daycare together! She knows how to treat me. I'm just fuming that she would be so inconsiderate
    Sorry this has happened to you. I am glad though that you recognize your part in this. She may be a crappy parent, but YOU allowed her to break many rules.

As far as the bad mouthing goes, ask yourself this: WHO is she going to tell?

People you know? Well, if they really know you, they will know the truth about you.

People she knows? Well, if she is the way she is, I would suppose she has friends who are similar to her and her parenting style so really who cares if she tells those type of people since you probably don't want them as clients anyways.

I have never worried about a parent bad mouthing me. Most times when someone complains about being "wronged" they kind of sound idiotic.

Can you imagine her....."My DC provider is awful because she makes me bring my child in a clean diaper!" or "My DC provider is awful because she is mad that I didn't follow her rules" See?

If she bad mouths you....SHE is the one who looks bad not you.

I wouldn't worry one bit about being a stand up provider who puts kids first....even when parents don't.

Comment

Oh heck no. I'd be showing her the door TODAY!!! Friend/No Friend and badmouth me all you want, you will NOT get away with treating me that way.

I am SOOOO mad for you!!!!

Comment

First of all this person is definitely not a friend. A friend would not treat you with such disrespect. A agree with Blackcat regarding the parent badmouthing you. I agree with Crystal about showing her the door today. If it makes you feel better and you want to make it easier make her termination about you. Tell her your changing your closing time or something. I wouldn't go that route these days (since I started using my backbone) but I've used it in the past and although the parent is still upset they took it a little easier.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, ladies. Yes, I TOTALLY understand how this is my fault for letting this happen. And I just wanted to say that I will be talking with her and letting her know that if she wants to continue bringing her child here, she has to follow all of my policies and I WILL be enforcing them.

Comment

I would just give her the boot and a bill of late fees.

Comment

Working...
            X