PT Rate Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT Rate Help

It should be so easy to be able to figure out a daily rate and part time rate, but for some reason my brain is not functioning! I did research in my area and providers charge $85 (I don't know how) to $150 a week for full time care. I am going to just go ahead and tell my rate. I have decided to charge $130 for full time. This is the part that I am stuck at, I can't think of what to charge for part time. I have drop in at $35, but as far as part time rates, I had $30 a day, but I'm not sure if that makes sense. Can anyone give a suggestion? You don't have to give your rates, just examples please. Thanks!

Originally posted by melilley View Post
    It should be so easy to be able to figure out a daily rate and part time rate, but for some reason my brain is not functioning! I did research in my area and providers charge $85 (I don't know how) to $150 a week for full time care. I am going to just go ahead and tell my rate. I have decided to charge $130 for full time. This is the part that I am stuck at, I can't think of what to charge for part time. I have drop in at $35, but as far as part time rates, I had $30 a day, but I'm not sure if that makes sense. Can anyone give a suggestion? You don't have to give your rates, just examples please. Thanks!
    you should always charge more for a daily rate if they are part time, and again even more if they are drop in.

for part time, I would do $25 or $30 a day. I am telling you that part time kids can be a pain and then you dont have the steady income if they arent there every day. Make it worth your while! Make the parents give you a specific schedule and make them pay for any day that is scheduled! If they want something more "flexible" then they need to do drop in at the higher rate

Comment

Lots of Part Time Rate threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...part+time+rate

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
        you should always charge more for a daily rate if they are part time, and again even more if they are drop in.

for part time, I would do $25 or $30 a day. I am telling you that part time kids can be a pain and then you dont have the steady income if they arent there every day. Make it worth your while! Make the parents give you a specific schedule and make them pay for any day that is scheduled! If they want something more "flexible" then they need to do drop in at the higher rate
        I don't really want to take part time kids, but if I can't get full time I may have to advertise for part time. I figured it was a pain to do pt especially not having the steady income vs the full time steady income. From reading posts on here I am going to make them have contracted hours and pay before care so they have to pay whether here or not. Good advice, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Thanks Michael, I forgot that I can do a search...my brain isn't working too well today...

Comment

Originally posted by melilley View Post
            I don't really want to take part time kids, but if I can't get full time I may have to advertise for part time. I figured it was a pain to do pt especially not having the steady income vs the full time steady income. From reading posts on here I am going to make them have contracted hours and pay before care so they have to pay whether here or not. Good advice, thanks!
            For me personally, I decided that 3 days per week was the absolute least I would take. I didn't want to mess around with anything less with the excetption of drop in and that rate is super high compared to rates for enrolled children.

I figured out the LEAST amount of money I was willing to accept per week and assigned that amount to my 3 day a week-ers and then built from there.

Right now my "approximate" rates are

3 days per week is $115 flat rate
            4 days per week is $135 flat rate
            5 days per week is $150 flat rate

Those rates vary depending on the pick up times but that is the scale i used to figure out my rates for 3, 4 and 5 days. I am willing to use 2 of my 12 spaces for families who use 3 days per week. I am willing to accept the $115 per week in trade for 2 days with less kids. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Right now my daily p/t rate is $40.00 a day, with full-time rates being are $140.00-$150.00 a week. Anything over 3 days a week is full-time. All of our pt children come 3 days a week, and all their schedules work together so that we are full each day.

One exception, we have a pt infant who comes from 7:00-1:00 and his rate is 35.00 a day. We have never made exceptions before, but it helps us out tremendously that he is gone by 1:00

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                For me personally, I decided that 3 days per week was the absolute least I would take. I didn't want to mess around with anything less with the excetption of drop in and that rate is super high compared to rates for enrolled children.

I figured out the LEAST amount of money I was willing to accept per week and assigned that amount to my 3 day a week-ers and then built from there.

Right now my "approximate" rates are

3 days per week is $115 flat rate
                4 days per week is $135 flat rate
                5 days per week is $150 flat rate

Those rates vary depending on the pick up times but that is the scale i used to figure out my rates for 3, 4 and 5 days. I am willing to use 2 of my 12 spaces for families who use 3 days per week. I am willing to accept the $115 per week in trade for 2 days with less kids. Hope that makes sense.
                Thanks, it does make sense. I can only have 6 children, but I have to count my son so really I can only have 5 children at one time. I don't really want pt kids, but if it comes down to it, I will take them. Your pay rates make sense, I will have to think about the least I would take, good idea!

Comment

I have taken part time kids and they are very hard to work with. They take longer to adjust and its more of a pain than helping you. I took part time kids and will only take full time now. Things are slow in my area and I had several calls for part time care. The more I thought about it the more I decided I am not going down that road again.

Comment

I just posted this, and copied & pasted it from another thread.

My rates are
                    175- 5 days/up to 50 contracted hours
                    160- 4 days up to 40 contracted hours
                    135- 3 days up to 30 contracted hours
                    100- 2 days up to 20 contracted hours
                    50- 1 day drop in, up to 10 hours

I also have it outlined that parents days are SET DAYS to allow me to enroll another PT child or accept a drop in. This way, PT makes me more money, and since PT placements are becoming more frequent requests, it made sense to change things up.

I have a dcb who uses my Monday drop in regularly (actually just discussed contracting for that day), and a dcb who comes T-F. 2 kids in one spot= $210

I have another PT kid who comes T/Th for $100, and a PT kid who comes M/W/F for $135. 2 kids in one spot $235

It has worked out amazingly well for me & makes it worth enrolling PT kids!

If I were going with 150 for 5 days, I would do 120/4 105/3 80/2 and 45/1 day but that's just what works best for me!

Comment

Yes ! If you can do it do they all work together, it is a definite financial bonus. Our full time rate is 140-150, but right now we have 4 pt children taking up 3 full time spots and getting $200.00 a spot. Which is nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X