Time To Drop The Bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time To Drop The Bomb

i am downsizing with hopes to close my daycare soon. the first kid will be cut today. she is my toughest kid......no surprise that this is a screaming 10 month old.....first time parents who dont know what they are doing. i have worked with the behavior as best as possible but this kid has escalated to hitting, kicking, will not take bottles from me anymore and is just down right miserable. in response, her parents have cut out her second nap....like that is going to help (ps, i give her two naps here!). anyway, i am going to give term notice today, and re evaluate everything after she is gone to decide on the next to be cut. slowly working my way down to no kids as finances allow (hubby looking for a second job). i'd appreciate everyone sending prayers and good thoughts today at 4pm....central time

Good luck! Definitely sending up prayers that all will go as you would like.

Comment

I'm on central time and I'll be sending you good thoughts!

I really respect the decision you are making. You're inspiring me to do some changes of my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Evansmom View Post
        I'm on central time and I'll be sending you good thoughts!

I really respect the decision you are making. You're inspiring me to do some changes of my own.
        thank you! that means a lot. its a hard decision and it helps to have support here.

Comment

Thinking of you! No matter what the reason- terming is tough!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck! I've been thinking of you lately! I hope that if you do decide to close completely that you keep in touch with all of us here! Your input has been invaluable!

Comment

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Comment

It wasnt so bad!!! wow. well mom started crying and saying they love me and want to stay....i know she is super stressed out at work and baby is crying for hours at home so this was not a good time for yet another issue. but its done. and i feel better about the future and i know i did the right thing. I let two kids go so far.

Comment

Congratulations!

I also really don't think that most dcp's understand the kind of thought providers put into terminations, if they did, I think they would be more understanding. Just like they do what's best for their families/home we have to do the same thing!

Comment

Best of luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
                        It wasnt so bad!!! wow. well mom started crying and saying they love me and want to stay....i know she is super stressed out at work and baby is crying for hours at home so this was not a good time for yet another issue. but its done. and i feel better about the future and i know i did the right thing. I let two kids go so far.
                        Well, 2 down, especially one that cries so much, will change things alot! Take some time to just see how things are now, and re-evaluate, as you said. It's amazing how much a change in group dynamics can change the way you feel, too!

Maybe now you'll feel like "cheerfulmom" again!

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                          Well, 2 down, especially one that cries so much, will change things alot! Take some time to just see how things are now, and re-evaluate, as you said. It's amazing how much a change in group dynamics can change the way you feel, too!

Maybe now you'll feel like "cheerfulmom" again!
                          ha ha, yes, I already feel so much better today

Comment

I have had three children in the fourteen years Ive been a provider that have lifted a weight off of my shoulders! Give it time you may find you are in a completely diff space now w things! Amazing how one child can change the dynamics so much!!

Comment

Working...
                            X