Business Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Cards

I was just re-ordering my business cards, which I usually set out in some of the stores/bulleting boards in town. I was wondering if I should not have my street address on there for safety's sake? I had it on their previously, but it just occurred to me that perhaps I should leave that out. I'd appreciate your thoughts about this! Thank you!

I do not have my address on any promo material -- business cards, online listings, or even my website. I actaully so not give out my address until after a phone interview for saftey reasons.

Comment

Considering that if you are licensed anyone can look up your address if you have your name on your business card, business or personal, so I don't see why you should leave it off.

Comment

do you have a website or blog? if so, would you put that address on the business cards too?

Comment

I have a Facebook page for the daycare as well as a blog. I know my address is on the FB one and might be on the blog. My phone number is so someone could find my address by a reverse lookup from that.

Comment

Get a PO Box and put that address on your cards.

Comment

Originally posted by JenNJ View Post
              I do not have my address on any promo material -- business cards, online listings, or even my website. I actaully so not give out my address until after a phone interview for saftey reasons.
              Same here.

Comment

I don't have my address on anything either. don't want unexpected visitors.

There was also an issue in our community a couple of years ago....a couple of women targeted child cares to rip them off. They knew that the providers would be alone with the children and were coming to the door as solicitors selling some type of service to daycares....they would manage to talk providers into allowing them in and then one would steal while the other one kept the provider occupied.

In Ca. our address isn't on the licensing website and the resource and referral agencies provide only zip codes/vicinities and phone numbers, not the actual addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                  In Ca. our address isn't on the licensing website and the resource and referral agencies provide only zip codes/vicinities and phone numbers, not the actual addresses.

I wish it was like that here!!

Comment

thank you, everyone! your input really helps!

Comment

Originally posted by emosks View Post
                      I wish it was like that here!!
                      Yeah, I was never really comfortable about that either. It felt like an advertisement for pedophiles and rapists. It's a scary world out there and there are some really sick people out there. If they figure out that daycares (especially home daycares) have their addresses listed and that most of them are women who are alone, it could be very dangerous. There is a sense of vulnerability in that kind of open advertisement.

Comment

I don't have my address on any of my printed materials or my website - I only use my city and state. Our state has our address listed on the licensing website though. I hate that too. At least if they want to find me they have to take the extra step to try and match my business cards to the website.

Comment

What company do you ladies purchase your buisness cards from?

Comment

I've always used overnightprints.com. You can design your card right there on the site and I like that it saves the design, so it is simple to re-order. plus, there are always good deals and i'm notified of the sales in my inbox. I just re-ordered 250 cards b/c they had a great sale. The total only came to $15 and that is with the shipping. It's a great deal and the cards are a very good quality.

Comment

I use vistaprint.com

Comment

Working...
                              X