Times Are Changing - Long Story Sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanglgrl View Post
    I've been doing this job for 10 years. I've bent over backwards, sideways, and basically contorted my body like an acrobat....... In all of these years and probably around 100 clients I've only really ever been acknowledged by a handful. I've bent over backwards so many times and the parent usually says "I owe you one" then the next minute they break one of my policies or leave for someone cheaper. Looking back it seems it was the clients that I went out of my way for that never really appreciated me and made my life harder. The clients that really valued me never asked for "special" because they didn't want to risk loosing me as a provider. Does that make sense?
    "How about that ever elusive kudos?" Alanis Morissette

KUDOS to you!!!!happyface and thanks for your inspirational message.

Comment

Thank you so much for your post. I am a lot like you and tend to back over backwards for my families and in return I get slapped in the face. I have a hard time getting strict with people and I have learned so much over the 2 years doing this. I have learned if you give them an inch they will run a mile with it. I also have been burned so many times by certain families that I honestly thought this was not for me. I am finally working on a new handbook with strict policies and raising my rates. If they dont like it they can find another sitter. So many people think this is an easy job but its not. Its very difficult watching other people's kids but the parents are even harder to work with. They seem to want everything for nothing or everything should be handed to them on a gold platter. I am tired of it all and its coming to an end. Each family is getting the info tomorrow so we will see how many show up Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by coolconfidentme View Post
        I have learned that people can not take advantage of you without your permission. A bigger lesson I learned was to not make other people's problems.., my problem. I now say, "I appreciated you asking me (to help you), But I can't. Thank you though." It really throws them when you thank them for NOT helping them out in a pinch.
        another great thing to do and keep in mind! I need to make a list!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
          I am so happy for you!! The next 10 years should be all down hill!
          Let's hope right! It took me long enough! I think what I really have to start doing is writing things down. I have a horrible memory and forgive so easily that I often forget a parent did something until they do it again or until my hubby or one of my friends says "wasn't that the same family that _____".

Comment

Working...
          X