My Creativity Has Left The Building!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daycaremom76 View Post
    I just checked them out and think they would be better then MGT because they deal with younger kids. Just to check them out I ordered the Nov/Dec 2012 kit that was 50% off it only cost $44 for 2 months for 6 kids. I couldn't even get that good of a deal if I used a million coupons at the store! happyface
    I've been using these since September. I don't use all their activities and I mix it with some ideas of my own... but getting the Nov/Dec one, you my find you can not use many of their crafts because they do relate to Thanksgiving and Christmas a lot... Maybe other months with not so important holidays you may find it easier to adapt... Even the Sept/Oct one was all about Fall and harvest....

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy In Mo View Post
      Where did you find this deal on the website? I looked but didn't see it. I would love to try it also at that cheap of a price
      Go to the main page then click on "Educational Supplies" then down the left side near the bottom it says "sale Items" hover and it shows "Clearance Kits" then just click on the one you want.

Comment

Originally posted by daycaremom76 View Post
        Go to the main page then click on "Educational Supplies" then down the left side near the bottom it says "sale Items" hover and it shows "Clearance Kits" then just click on the one you want.
        Great! Thank you so much

Comment

The BEST thing I learned in college was boxed crafts with specific end results are not at all necessary. I am so relieved!

After years of doing Funshine Express and basically doing the craft stuff myself, since most of the craft kits require lots of adult intervention or hands on stuff for me, that I found it simply wasn't worth my time.

The kids got bored waiting their turn while I went from each individual child to the next helping them affix the wiggly eyes where they are "suppose" to go so that their project looked like the picture.

Plus looking looking back, the same amount of money spent on pre-packed crafts could buy me an awful lot of creative art supplies.

Another negative for me personally is that NONE of the boxed curriculum's meet the standards our state's QRIS is setting for approved curriculum.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            The BEST thing I learned in college was boxed crafts with specific end results are not at all necessary. I am so relieved!

After years of doing Funshine Express and basically doing the craft stuff myself, since most of the craft kits require lots of adult intervention or hands on stuff for me, that I found it simply wasn't worth my time.

The kids got bored waiting their turn while I went from each individual child to the next helping them affix the wiggly eyes where they are "suppose" to go so that their project looked like the picture.

Plus looking looking back, the same amount of money spent on pre-packed crafts could buy me an awful lot of creative art supplies.

Another negative for me personally is that NONE of the boxed curriculum's meet the standards our state's QRIS is setting for approved curriculum.
            See thats the thing I don't understand-why make them all look alike. I do a boxed curriculum and just let the kids do the best they can at it. They still all love the results of it also. We do open ended stuff but they really don't seem to like it as much. My SA love doing open ended but not the younger ones. Also, I buy it also for the curriculum not just the crafts. I need a little help with ideas and then do extra with them. I don't do well doing things on my own (had to have actual textbooks even for homeschooling) so having a boxed curriculum helps me immensly!
            Each day is a fresh start
            Never look back on regrets
            Live life to the fullest
            We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
              We do open ended stuff but they really don't seem to like it as much. My SA love doing open ended but not the younger ones.
              Isn't that funny how kids can be so different?

My older kids nearing SA are the ones who really strive to make something concrete and something that looks like their "friends" project.

My littles just want to use stuff. Glue, scissors, paint etc..... they have no intentions of creating anything other than a mess. ::

Comment

Originally posted by Country Kids View Post
                See thats the thing I don't understand-why make them all look alike. I do a boxed curriculum and just let the kids do the best they can at it. They still all love the results of it also. We do open ended stuff but they really don't seem to like it as much. My SA love doing open ended but not the younger ones. Also, I buy it also for the curriculum not just the crafts. I need a little help with ideas and then do extra with them. I don't do well doing things on my own (had to have actual textbooks even for homeschooling) so having a boxed curriculum helps me immensly!
                This is what I do as well. I don't care what the end product looks like, and I DON'T show the kids the 'picture' of the end craft that MGT sends. When we did the lion puppet, I had a picture of a lion on the table.

Comment

Mother Goose Time is the better Deal

Originally posted by kitykids3 View Post
                  You should also look into Funshine Express (the Buttercups program). They also send you everything ready for 12 crafts, plus more. They also align with early learning standards too. I like them a lot and it's not too expensive. It's worth pricing them too.
                  Mother Goose Time when you add it all up is actually cheaper. Plus their materials are higher quality. I love that they have a monthly music and movement program that is included with the cost. My kids have learned so much from the music CD that is included each month. Plus with Mother Goose Time there is something every day for the children to make a take home. They have really set the standard.

Comment

Working...
                  X