Help Me Fill This.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Fill This.....

my hubby is making my kids (bio kids) art caddies for open ended art....something like this http://ellaminnowpeas.tumblr.com/pos...-writing-caddy

What art supplies would you put in for open ended art time? I do know for sure that my kids cannot handle regular glue, we do glue sticks only. We also dont put out paint on a regular basis. I want to put in items that they can do on their own with minimal supervision. It would be for a 3.5 and a 5 year old.

okay go!

Pom poms, sequins, paper scraps, coffee filters (the texture is so different). Foam stickers, cotton balls.

Comment

This has revolutionized collage in my classes - LOVE IT!!  I wish I could take the credit for this idea - or even give credit to the ...

This is a good idea for glue, that can be out and available.

Comment

crayons, cards (like christmas cards-I use the fronts of the ones I get) envelopes, stickers

Comment

watercolors? My DD has been doing watercolors on her own since around 3.5/4
          Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

coffee filters? never would have thought of that

Comment

Why do you do with the coffee filters

Comment

They can color on them with markers, and paint with water on top - and the color spreads. It is a really easy version of painting, that is CLEAN. The absorbent texture is just really different than most things and with my kiddos - the possibilities are endless.

Comment

Here is a good blog post with something similar including suggestions on what to put in:

http://www.learnwithplayathome.com/2...w-and-why.html

Comment

Markers, colored pencils, pens, pencils, crayons, scissors, tape, cool patterned/colored tapes, hole punch, stapler.

Comment

Originally posted by blandino View Post
                      They can color on them with markers, and paint with water on top - and the color spreads. It is a really easy version of painting, that is CLEAN. The absorbent texture is just really different than most things and with my kiddos - the possibilities are endless.
                      I have kids sit and do coffee filter art for ages!

Comment

bingo markers, color change markers, twistable colored pencils, paint filled brushes, stickers, bags of odd cut cardstock paper (used more than anything else in our 'free art' area)

Comment

Stencils, color books, stamp set.

Comment

Originally posted by wdmmom View Post
                            Stencils, color books, stamp set.
                            I have found that kids Love to use stamp sets! Can you recommend a brand that actually washes off? I have used some "washable" ink pads in the past, but the poor kids went home with colored hands, faces, arms...

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
                              my hubby is making my kids (bio kids) art caddies for open ended art....something like this http://ellaminnowpeas.tumblr.com/pos...-writing-caddy

What art supplies would you put in for open ended art time? I do know for sure that my kids cannot handle regular glue, we do glue sticks only. We also dont put out paint on a regular basis. I want to put in items that they can do on their own with minimal supervision. It would be for a 3.5 and a 5 year old.

okay go!
                              Neat idea! Your hubby must be crafty!

Comment

Working...
                              X