Should I Make Baby Food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Make Baby Food?

I am thinking about offering to make baby food out of the food that the older children eat, at least the fruits and veggies. I know this sounds like it will be a lot of extra work, but I have a 4 mo old and will be making his food when he reaches 6 mo. Is this a bad idea (for the daycare kids)? Does anyone or has anyone done this? How does/did it work out? Should I just have them bring it in pre-made/packaged? Also, do you have the parents bring in pre-made bottles, or a can of formula?
    Thanks

Originally posted by melilley View Post
    I am thinking about offering to make baby food out of the food that the older children eat, at least the fruits and veggies. I know this sounds like it will be a lot of extra work, but I have a 4 mo old and will be making his food when he reaches 6 mo. Is this a bad idea (for the daycare kids)? Does anyone or has anyone done this? How does/did it work out? Should I just have them bring it in pre-made/packaged? Also, do you have the parents bring in pre-made bottles, or a can of formula?
    Thanks
    It is SO easy to make baby food. I offered the service for an extra $30 per week, since i was already making it for my own child as well.

Other than that, i had parents bring me a formula can and bottles and i cleaned them and kept track of everything. It was an *extra* that I offered to be extra helpful, but i charged extra for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineMama View Post
      It is SO easy to make baby food. I offered the service for an extra $30 per week, since i was already making it for my own child as well.

Other than that, i had parents bring me a formula can and bottles and i cleaned them and kept track of everything. It was an *extra* that I offered to be extra helpful, but i charged extra for it.
      Did you make the baby food out of what the other kids were eating or something different?

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineMama View Post

Making baby food is RIDICULOUSY easy, and is fresher and better tasting, and better for baby than store bought food. I would offer parents the option, either an extra dollar amount or supplying a weekly supply (list exactly what is needed). If they cost shop, there will be no comparison!

Comment

Also, do you have the parents bring in pre-made bottles, or a can of formula?
          Thanks
          For infants still taking a bottle, I require a sealed can of formula or frozen breast milk. Too much liability if you allow the parents to bring in pre-made bottles.....who knows what they could add to it and/or why. Simply NOT a chance I am willing to take.

I provide baby food too. We serve alot of fresh or steamed veggies so it is simple to just mash it up for the little ones. Same with fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
            For infants still taking a bottle, I require a sealed can of formula or frozen breast milk. Too much liability if you allow the parents to bring in pre-made bottles.....who knows what they could add to it and/or why. Simply NOT a chance I am willing to take.

I provide baby food too. We serve alot of fresh or steamed veggies so it is simple to just mash it up for the little ones. Same with fruit.
            Good idea on the bottles! I am coming into doing home daycare from a center setting and the rules are different. I know rules for centers inside and out and I have to remember to adapt my own rules to my state's family dc rules. I have to get out of a center mindset! For instance, in a center the bottles have to be pre-made, but for a family daycare they do not.

Comment

Did you make the baby food out of what the other kids were eating or something different?
              No, I made it from organic fruits and veggies mostly. You can even use frozen fruits and veggies and purée those. My favorite was to get a bag of the organic frozen mixed veggies from Costco for 5.00, and purée them. The kids always loved it.

Comment

Working...
              X