We Have Entered a Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sahm2three View Post
    Thank you very much for the thoughtful, non-judging message. I am going to look for sturdy storage boxes/baskets of some kind this weekend to see if that will help.

I have a basket of things that the biter may bite. After I tell him no, I take him to the basket and show him the things he can bite. I have even showed him how to bite them. Harder things, softer things, lots of variety. Some days are worse than others, today has been very challenging. Maybe he has another tooth coming in or something.

I think I have been doing a pretty good job of taking care of myself. It has been a rough couple months. Non-daycare related stuff like house stresses, sicknesses, family moving who needed help, lots of stuff. But I have decided to let some responsibilities go, and just relax. I started yoga. I guess I just didn't think I sounded angry or super frustrated. I was just looking for honest and constructive advice. I do think I am hypersensitive to the feeling of being judged on here, because I have felt that way from the very beginning. I use this sight as a place of information, and also a place to vent. So I just wish that people understood that the "wow, you have sounded really frustrated a lot lately" feel judgey. Just support eachother. Isn't that why we are here?!
    I know what you mean about feeling judged. I know that my own insecurities get the best of me and I always think that people are judging me.

Please know that you are a very strong and smart woman. Don't ever feel misunderstood when you come here. I find this place all to amazing, as I struggle every time I post to put my thoughts into words and for my words to be understood.

Sometimes they are understood and people can share in how I feel.

Others might want to cyber smack me, thinking OMG daycare you didn't listen to what I told you to do and you are still doing the same thing over and over again... These people just might come off the wrong way, becuase they want nothing more than to see us taking the advice that was given, fix the issue and be happy!!!!

Then there are some that just might not understand what you are getting at and question your every word....

What I am trying to say, is please work with all of us to help you. I know that there is not a regular member on here that would ever intentionally say anything to make you feel bad.

Please do all that you can to take care of YOU......
    we work hard and juggle a lot to implement our programs. When we are overwhelmed, we are more likely to react the wrong way. Be sure to take care of yourself throughout the day. Eat breakfast and lunch use every second you can find to relax and decompress.

For me it is just straight going crazy that makes me happy as ever. I throw on some tunes and the kids and I just dance until we are soaking wet in sweat.....

Find a happy place for you that you can visit each and every day as many times as you need to.........and if necessary, take the kids with you....

Comment

Hey SAHM..

Please keep in mind that when we write our posts, we can't see body language or tone of voice. The "emoticons" help a little, but they aren't eye contact, a pat on the shoulder, or a kind tone of voice. So much depends on what YOU'RE feeling at the time you are reading it, too. Your "filter" affects what you're getting.

The same goes for those of us reading your posts. You could be saying something sarcasticially funny (like the schtick about the brainlessness), and we could visualize you on the other side of your computer with a horrible grimace on your face, smoke comming from your ears.

So, like BlackCat said, take it all with a grain of salt. If you don't like certain advice, then just move on.

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
        I know what you mean about feeling judged. I know that my own insecurities get the best of me and I always think that people are judging me.

Please know that you are a very strong and smart woman. Don't ever feel misunderstood when you come here. I find this place all to amazing, as I struggle every time I post to put my thoughts into words and for my words to be understood.

Sometimes they are understood and people can share in how I feel.

Others might want to cyber smack me, thinking OMG daycare you didn't listen to what I told you to do and you are still doing the same thing over and over again... These people just might come off the wrong way, becuase they want nothing more than to see us taking the advice that was given, fix the issue and be happy!!!!

Then there are some that just might not understand what you are getting at and question your every word....

What I am trying to say, is please work with all of us to help you. I know that there is not a regular member on here that would ever intentionally say anything to make you feel bad.

Please do all that you can to take care of YOU......
        we work hard and juggle a lot to implement our programs. When we are overwhelmed, we are more likely to react the wrong way. Be sure to take care of yourself throughout the day. Eat breakfast and lunch use every second you can find to relax and decompress.

For me it is just straight going crazy that makes me happy as ever. I throw on some tunes and the kids and I just dance until we are soaking wet in sweat.....

Find a happy place for you that you can visit each and every day as many times as you need to.........and if necessary, take the kids with you....

Thank you for writing the best words of encouragement! These made me happy and I wasn't even down.

You always have some of the best advice because you truly understand what it is like to have an extremely hard group!

Thank you daycare!
        Each day is a fresh start
        Never look back on regrets
        Live life to the fullest
        We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

Working...
        X