Dirty Little Thief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Little Thief

My niece is a theif by nature! The two and a half year old has been trying to walk out with toys and animals that do not belong to her since she has been able to walk. Stopped her before leaving with a stuffed toy my daugther got today for her birthday party at school. Then again she was trying to take a DVD off the porch but her grandma stopped her that time. She gets it from her mother, and grandma agrees sadly enough . I have had trouble with my SIL taking stuff in the past too. What is wrong with people, and not just people, my own family. I can understand a two year old :confused: doing that though, i mean shes two.... anyway its just a vent.
    "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
    Acts 13:22

I think at that age they don't really understand stealing but I know your frustration. I have a SA DCG who steals and for some reason I just can't gather up the nerve to term this kid! She has not stolen since I caught her but has since returned a truck load full of stuff including some DS GAMES that she took before she got caught!! I get so angry every time she brings something else back. I can't term her for returning our stuff but am just waiting for her to take something again...it is stressful. I watch her like a hawk and my entire afternoon is consumed by watching this kid. I have put some measures in place to prevent her from doing again but there is a VERY large part of me that hopes she does so I have a reason to be rid of the stress.

((HUGS)) Daycare is hard...

Comment

Okay so i cant spell

but i can read happyface
      "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
      Acts 13:22

Comment

ugh...,sorry to hear this...I cant relate on the stealing, but I can on the In-law thing. My parents live 1000s of miles away and my in-laws live 30minues away. Yup my parents see my kids more than them. My in-laws are currently raising my niece and my SIL who is 41 still lives at home with them. What I mean by that, is that she has never moved out. So I think that by the time they are done dealing with them, they are exhausted..

But it breaks my heart when my LO will ask why they never come over...

All I can say about it, is thank goodness they have you..........

Comment

Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
          I think at that age they don't really understand stealing but I know your frustration. I have a SA DCG who steals and for some reason I just can't gather up the nerve to term this kid! She has not stolen since I caught her but has since returned a truck load full of stuff including some DS GAMES that she took before she got caught!! I get so angry every time she brings something else back. I can't term her for returning our stuff but am just waiting for her to take something again...it is stressful. I watch her like a hawk and my entire afternoon is consumed by watching this kid. I have put some measures in place to prevent her from doing again but there is a VERY large part of me that hopes she does so I have a reason to be rid of the stress.

((HUGS)) Daycare is hard...
          she's still returning stuff

Comment

Originally posted by countrymom View Post
            she's still returning stuff
            Yes and DCM says well you can't term for things she took before she got caught so I gave her until Monday AM to return EVERYTHING she had that belonged to us and she didn't show up with anything on Monday because she said she had given everything back last week since it was bothering her that she still had stuff (Yeah, bring back the junky toys right away but hang onto the DS Games for 2 weeks...) DCM says she and DCD are dealing with the issue and she hasn't stolen since so I should give her a chance....well no she hasn't stolen again because she is on lock down here every day. I can't keep her on lock down forever..I am going to give her the opportunity to take something and see if she bites, that way I can term on the spot.
            My own DDS have requested that I not term because they are learning about forgiveness at Sunday School and want to forgive her happyface for actually listening to the pastor but for giving me a reason to hang onto this DCK longer than I want to....just the sound of her voice lately really gets to me. She is so bossy and just pretends like nothing happened...uhg.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4him View Post
              My niece is a theif by nature! The two and a half year old has been trying to walk out with toys and animals that do not belong to her since she has been able to walk. Stopped her before leaving with a stuffed toy my daugther got today for her birthday party at school. Then again she was trying to take a DVD off the porch but her grandma stopped her that time. She gets it from her mother, and grandma agrees sadly enough . I have had trouble with my SIL taking stuff in the past too. What is wrong with people, and not just people, my own family. I can understand a two year old :confused: doing that though, i mean shes two.... anyway its just a vent.
              In response to your vent-

Many kids this age love to put things down the onsie and in pockets and try to leave with it in hand and not give it back. Normal......then they try it again around 7,8,9,10,11 and then a good shop lift when they are teens.

The littles don't know. They just know they want that toy. The 7's and up they know, but are testing, the teens want something they can't afford and the thrill and if your an adult doing this.........well just plain shame on you- adults know better. Jail time-

Don't be so hard on the two year old and don't compare her yet to anyone. Let her grow to become herself. For issues with toys separate your kid's toys, esp special toys from daycare kids and have them off limits. Don't be so hard on yourself, you can't help it if your family is wacked, you can pick your friends but you can't pick family.

Best-

Comment

Working...
              X