No announcement yet.

The Sensitive Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would have done the second choice too. There is a difference with having feelings and showing them but there is a difference with having feelings but using them to manipulate you.

clearly it wasn't a feeling thing with her, when you said no, she was not happy that she was told no and wanted it her way so she did the tears thing. i would have sent her to the crying spot.

Comment

oh my gosh, you all don't even know how much help this will be!

I am ready to put all of this into play

I am pretty excited

I will let you all know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by wahmof3 View Post
        oh my gosh, you all don't even know how much help this will be!

I am ready to put all of this into play

I am pretty excited

I will let you all know how it goes!

Be sure to use the "crying" spot with the other children, as well. Maybe won't come up as often, but it should be a spot for anyone who feels overwhelmed. Heck, you could even model it by saying "Gosh, I am so frustrated right now. I think I need to go sit down". When you get up, say "I'm feeling better now..."

You really know it's working when the kids start sitting there themselves without prompting...I've had toddlers do it. so cute!

Comment

Originally posted by cheerfuldom View Post
          as far as not crossing the line towards a punishment....I do the cry corner here but the kids can get out anytime they are ready to. There is no time limit and they are not forced to stay there. They can stay as long or as short as they need. Its basically a "this or that" choice which is very appropriate for the age. "Play nicely with DCB or go to the cry corner until you are ready to play nicely". I think you gave her too much attention by trying to cajole her out of the tears. I would have said "Jenna, Sammy does not want to play puzzle that way right now. You need to chose a different toy to play with" and then if the tears started "Jenna, you can be upset but you need to sit in the cry corner until you are done being upset and ready to chose a new toy to play with" then ignore any drama coming from the corner and give extra attention to Sammy, who was playing and following the rules to begin with. Why does Jenna get funny faces when she is the one that is being a pest and a drama queen?
          Amen, Sister.

Comment

Working...
          X