I Didnt Get licensed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Didnt Get licensed!

Here in NC your heating source must be vented in order to be licenced. Well I had my inspection and since my gas heat isnt vented its a no go. So....I did a search regarding claiming business expenses here on the forum and couldnt find out if since I am not licensed do I still get to claim my expenses the same as if I were licensed?
    PS- I knew about the venting and had a plan to put electric fire place in daycare area and thought that would pass but found out it would NOT I would still need to disconnect all other gas units.
    Thanks ya'll!

Awww, I'm sorry that it didn't go as planned. The up side is that yes, you can still claim all of your expenses and your income!

Comment

Unless..if you need to be licensed to do child care in your state legally, you cannot claim home office deductions, only actual expenses like food, supplies etc.

Comment

Originally posted by momofsix View Post
        Unless..if you need to be licensed to do child care in your state legally, you cannot claim home office deductions, only actual expenses like food, supplies etc.
        Right, I was going to say this same thing. Just check into the laws in your state. Good luck, and I am sorry!

Comment

I have always used a ventless gas fireplace in my family room. It is how we heat our addition. Crazy regs. There are sensors on them if they malfunction they will automatically shut off. In 11 years I have never had a problem with it.

Comment

Working...
          X