Homework For Preschoolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kendallina View Post
    The only homework that I do (and this is only for my pre-kinder class, 4 yr olds) is a weekly Letter Bag. We have a letter of the week and I give the children a brown paper bag to bring something from home that starts with that letter. When the children bring their bags in, we have a show-n-tell.

Some of the families really get into it! I was told that one boy slept with the dictionary that he and his dad we using to find words that start with E.... Many kids bring in several things that start with our letter. It's fun because it's still completely hands on, it involves the parents and it helps children practice sounding words out.
    OMG soooo jealous... I want your parents...mine never comply with half the stuff that I ask.

CK.... the only homework I give is if they don't finish it here during class time.

Also, with my zoo phonics. some parents pay extra to do "home play" which are zoo phonics games that encourage bonding time between parent and child. This way the child can teach their parent what we are doing here and the parent can continue to help them at home. I don't really have to send anything home for it other than the information that I already sent at the start of the month in the calendar and news letter...

Comment

I just implemented take home packets. They are packets that the parents check out and take home that revolve around our theme, letter, shape, color etc. of the month. I include a story to read to their child and a pamphlet on activities the parent can do with the child as well as links to worksheets they can print out. I will let you know how it goes but my parents seem really interested.

Comment

Working...
      X