Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Homework Help Mandatory for Providers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mom2many View Post
    Wow...I feel like I just got my hand slapped.:: Thank you for refreshing my memory on what the OP was asking. I was merely responding to her question, "Is Homework Help Mandatory for Providers?" and explained how I've handled S/A & homework in the past... My mistake!

I completely agree that extra curricular activities should never take priority to academics and if I ever had a parent like the OP described, I would never take on the full responsibility of their child's homework, class work, grades, etc. As I stated, I have always been there to assist...not do it all myself! I have always worked as a team with parents and they do their part as well...I believe it should be a balance and it's not my sole responsibility ever!
    NO worries mom2many.....everyone else knew what you were saying

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
      Just curious....why do you feel the need to chastise other members every time you disagree with them? It is getting really old.
      I'm glad I'm not the only one who was wondering about that.

NO worries mom2many.....everyone else knew what you were saying

Comment

Just curious....why do you feel the need to chastise other members every time you disagree with them? It is getting really old.

In this case....all Mom2Many posted is how SHE does things. She didn't tell the OP that she should do things her way, she just gave a different perspective. Why did you need to come in and tell her how wrong she was?????

I wanted to address that I have a problem with parents who take only a passive role in their child's academics....which was exactly the point of this entire thread. Someone disagreed with that based on a completely different experience. There is a big difference between disagreeing with someone on topic and disagreeing with someone off topic and that's where I think this is getting muddled.

The comment of "It's NOT that they don't care about academics."

is an odd argument to make because that's EXACTLY the case. Here, that's exactly what was going on. And that's what I was addressing. Mom2many's personal experiences are the complete opposite of the OP's, and her daycare parents did not have the same intentions as a mom who says if they're kiddo isn't doing well in school it must be the providers fault.

I never said anything in reference to any other different personal experiences. I try to respond only in reference to the original jist of the thread. Perhaps I should have been clearer.

For the most part all I've gotten is wonderful support and appreciation for my contribution on this board. This thread is no exception.

(But while we're on the subject, can you really talk??? Why do you feel the need to come in and tell me how wrong my correspondence with another poster is if it's got nothing to do with you?? I don't do that when I see you responding in ways I feel are inappropriate....)

Comment

Working...
        X