Anyone Have This Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Have This Kitchen

I'm thinking of getting this kitchen and a washer and dryer set for the practical life area. Anyone have experience how it held up in a daycare setting?

Last edited by Michael; 09-25-2012, 01:09 PM.

No can't tell you how it holds up, but I want it. It's very cute.

Comment

I don't have this kitchen but I do have a Kidcraft one and it has held up nicely. The only thing I'm always worried about is that the oven door opens down so some kids try to step on it. I don't know if the one you chose does that though.

Comment

I have this kitchen set and it has held up wonderfully! I got it last christmas

Comment

yea!!! would it be awful to get this for dd bday and let dck use it??? probably, oh. well..... will have to think of a new gift

Comment

Originally posted by Nickel View Post
            yea!!! would it be awful to get this for dd bday and let dck use it??? probably, oh. well..... will have to think of a new gift
            I purchased it for my daughter, but all the docks use the toys I the playroom hope y'all enjoy it!

Comment

OOOOOOww. Now I'm not sure they have this awesome corner kitchen and I would just need to get a toy dryer to go with it. It only costs a little more. Just wondering what the back side looks like since it wouldn't actually go in a corner but would seperate one play area from another

Comment

The kid craft kitchen I bought actually had a washer built into it. I bought it so I could get rid of our little tikes kitchen and washer and dryer. I also liked that it came in primary colors.

Comment

It's very cute, but I HATE that it sends the message "kitchens are women's work" with the pink. If it were for my private house and my two girls, awesome. But I think the pink would turn off a lot of boys from thinking it's OK for them to play there. Which, yes, I know is ridiculous, it's just a color, it has no gender, but obviously even small children feel can feel that social pressure.

Comment

I actually thought that too after i continued looking. I did see a really cute corner kitchen that is red and white for a little bit more. I think i will.go with the second one. Just gotta wait till friday when i get paid!!!happyface

Comment

I just got a kidcraft kitchen. I don't know about the corner one, but the back of mine is not very attractive. It's just lightweight panels with circles punched in them-I guess to stop air pressure from making the doors hard to close. I've only had mine a couple of weeks, so can't offer much help.

It was pretty easy to put together. Except for one section that required another set of hands, I did it all by myself. Word of warning-be very careful with the fasteners. In one place, the pre-drilled holes didn't line up quite right and I stripped out the holes on top of the screw-and they didn't send extra. I made it work, but it was a worrisome few minutes.

My dck loves it.

Comment

I personally don't see the whole "color" thing, because my boys play with the kitchen more than the girls do. Just my experience!

Comment

Thats a cute kitchen but I bought the step 2 play kitchen at a second hand place and the kids have loved it. Its not particulaly girlly either. I can tell you for certain that kitchens, laundry etc arent just for women!
                          Deb

Comment

Originally posted by Nickel View Post
                            OOOOOOww. Now I'm not sure they have this awesome corner kitchen and I would just need to get a toy dryer to go with it. It only costs a little more. Just wondering what the back side looks like since it wouldn't actually go in a corner but would seperate one play area from another
                            OK, that is the cutest one I have seen!!!! lovethis

I just wish listed it.

Is it sick I'd like this as my anniversary gift?
                            - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleCrawfishCC View Post
                              I have this kitchen set and it has held up wonderfully! I got it last christmas
                              I got it last weekend!And it's worth it.So cute.:hug:

Comment

Working...
                              X