Should i term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i term

I have a little one year old whose mommy is part time work and in school. But she is very inconsistent on when she drops the little one off, and she is on DHS so there isnt really any way i can bill her for not being here. Im just tired of not knowing if shes coming or when, or if she is coming at all on different days. Id like a bit more steady of an income source cause this is driving me crazy.
    "God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.'"
    Acts 13:22

Originally posted by dave4him View Post
    I have a little one year old whose mommy is part time work and in school. But she is very inconsistent on when she drops the little one off, and she is on DHS so there isnt really any way i can bill her for not being here. Im just tired of not knowing if shes coming or when, or if she is coming at all on different days. Id like a bit more steady of an income source cause this is driving me crazy.
    So he isn't coming in when he is supposed to? I am allowed to charge state pay people my usual fee - and they have to make up any difference. So if they are contracted on M,W,F and no show, I would be able to bill them that, as I am holding their spot. If I was in a state where this was not allowed, then I would fill the spot with a private pay client and let them go. I can't afford to hold spots for a child who may/may not show.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymia1 View Post
      So he isn't coming in when he is supposed to? I am allowed to charge state pay people my usual fee - and they have to make up any difference. So if they are contracted on M,W,F and no show, I would be able to bill them that, as I am holding their spot. If I was in a state where this was not allowed, then I would fill the spot with a private pay client and let them go. I can't afford to hold spots for a child who may/may not show.
      I agree with this. I had a parent like this, and one time they showed up and I had a outing plan so I sent them home. Its taught them a lesson. I think also this is why alot of people don't do state pay, too much headache.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymia1 View Post
        I do the same. If they knew they had to pay out of pocket I'm sure DCM would be there everyday at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4him View Post
          Why is it that the DCM is so inconsistent with showing up or not? Is she not attending class or is she missing that much school?

I understand that you are not able to charge parents for anything above and beyond what times they actually use for care and what the state pays you but that is still pretty unconsiderate on DCM's part to be so inconsistent with scheduling and actually showing up.

Is this your niece? (I can't remember now if she was the one you had who was state paid and in school).

Honestly, if I were you I would have a direct honest conversation with DCM and let her know that you have had enough and that you will give her a chance to get her ducks in a row and start coming when she says she is. I would let her know that the first time she no-shows you or is really late getting to care that you are going to term her.

I would probably already start advertising to fill the spot but I would also try to give her a chance to "fix" things at the same time. If you get a bite on the space, you can decide then what you want to do.

Comment

NOt sure if you can,

but my friend has a dc and this is what she does..

She takes state asst pay and does not get paid if the client is a no show...however, she contracts the client for set days and if they now show, then the client is responsible for paying out of pocket the expense....

is it possible for you to do that too...

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
              NOt sure if you can,

but my friend has a dc and this is what she does..

She takes state asst pay and does not get paid if the client is a no show...however, she contracts the client for set days and if they now show, then the client is responsible for paying out of pocket the expense....

is it possible for you to do that too...
              I want to clarify - the state doesn't pay me if the child is a no show. The parent does. The parent can be charged over and above if your fee is more than the state will pay. At least in my state. I had one time where mom was off for a week, but sent her child in every day. She had to pay for that herself.

Comment

Working...
              X