Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Do You Guys Get Your Daycare Supplies, Etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do You Guys Get Your Daycare Supplies, Etc?

A triple or quad stroller at this point is not a want, it's a NEED! I have a double jogging stroller but it's just not cutting it. My daughter walks, the 2.5 year old DCG walks, and then I have a 23 month old, a 19 month old, and my son is 14 months. My son needs the stroller so then either the 23 month old or the 19 month old needs to walk. I don't trust either one of them even though the route we take is pretty safe, and they get tired so fast and can't keep up. We do have to cross the road at 2 points during a walk.

It never used to be an issue because the 23 month old and the 19 month old were hardly ever here during the same days, but now they are.

To play in our yard in the morning is insanely stupid, it's SO HOT and there is no shade, but going for a walk in the mornings is gorgeous because 95% of the walk is shaded in. But we're all going stir crazy until we can get out in the afternoon after naps. Where would you recommend buying a stroller online? Someplace reputable, fairly priced, and ships within Canada? Thanks!

I just got an "almost" triple stroller on craigslist - its the 2 seat sit n stand so a 3rd child can sit/stand on the back which works well for my age group because I only ever have two kids under 2 - the 3rd is always big enough to go on the back. Before I found that I was going to buy one on amazon - prices were reasonable and I have prime so free 2 day shipping. I get a ton of stuff off amazon for the daycare.

Comment

I use a large wagon that was designed to be a utility cart. My dh modified it with seats and seatbelts. I can fit 4 in seats with storage and a 5th in the middle on the floor if I need the space. We just built a lightweight wood frame and attached fabric for the walls. I searched for over a year for a solution because I walk 3 km a day to school and back and we ended up creating our own. I've seen used quad strollers on kijiji for $600 a few times but I didn't want to invest that type of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Meyou View Post
        I use a large wagon that was designed to be a utility cart. My dh modified it with seats and seatbelts. I can fit 4 in seats with storage and a 5th in the middle on the floor if I need the space. We just built a lightweight wood frame and attached fabric for the walls. I searched for over a year for a solution because I walk 3 km a day to school and back and we ended up creating our own. I've seen used quad strollers on kijiji for $600 a few times but I didn't want to invest that type of money.
        Yeah, no kidding. Especially since 23 month old DCG should soon be old enough to walk on her own anyway.

To be honest, I don't even really know the proper thing to do for the older kids when we walk. Should I attach a rope to the stroller and have them hold that so I know where they are? they tend to just sort of dilly around and do their own thing, which is okay for most of the walk since it's a private trail, but it's getting to the trail and back again that I need to keep them in check.

Comment

I use a radio flyer wagon it has seat belts for 2 and the third sits on the floor in the middle. It also has a removeable sun canopy I got it at walmart.com I think it cost about $120 I did ship to store.

Comment

I have the step 2 choo choo wagon with the detachable extra trailers. That way I can use it just for my two younger sons and then add trailers depending on who is there that day. LOVE IT! I got it from step2.com it ended up being around $280 shipped for 5 total wagons.

(not my pic) the additional trailers were only available in orange, but I spray painted mine with different color plastic spray paint so everyone has a color.

Comment

Originally posted by daycarediva View Post
              I have the step 2 choo choo wagon with the detachable extra trailers. That way I can use it just for my two younger sons and then add trailers depending on who is there that day. LOVE IT! I got it from step2.com it ended up being around $280 shipped for 5 total wagons.

(not my pic) the additional trailers were only available in orange, but I spray painted mine with different color plastic spray paint so everyone has a color.
              OMG this is freaking adorable! I have a Step 2 wagon but it's just the typical 2 seater one. I might sell it and get this. Wow, so cute!

Comment

I also put my logo on both sides of the front car. It gets me CRAZY amounts of advertisements. I have gotten one client from seeing me with the kids/wagon and given out 10+ business cards since I purchased it this summer!

Comment

!!! I just found out that there is a trailer attachment for my wagon!

Step2 manufactures & sells indoor and outdoor kid's toys, play kitchens, playhouses, wagons, swing sets, home & garden products, & more!

NICE!

Comment

^ my wagon

Comment

...oh wait...that doesn`t look like it would fit a child...darn.

Comment

daycarediva, that so SO adorable...lovethis

Comment

I also bought the Step 2 Choo Choo Wagon...It's AWESOME!!! We take that thing everywhere! It comes in handy for soo many different reason's and you can add/take away the individual seats to accommodate how ever many kids you have. (They suggest no more then 5)

I bought mine at a store in Toronto called "Mini Circuit"...it's a really cool toy specialty store. A daycare across the street also bought from there and they shipped from Toronto to Barrie no problems so maybe they will ship even further? Worth asking!

Comment

I looked into that wagon to but can't put infants in it. So I went with the 4 place stroller by foundations. I got it through wayfair. It was 399.00 shipped but I am not in Canada. It is very nice to push even fully loaded.http://images.babyage.com/icons/loca...r-40-nm-bo.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MaritimeMummy View Post
                              !!! I just found out that there is a trailer attachment for my wagon!

Step2 manufactures & sells indoor and outdoor kid's toys, play kitchens, playhouses, wagons, swing sets, home & garden products, & more!

NICE!
                              I have the wagon and trailer and put a kid in the trailer. Works just fine. I'd put the 23mos old, not the 14mos old, back there. A friend's husband used nuts and bolts and secured seatbelt to the trailer so the child would be strapped in. You can find extra seatbelts in Walmart.
                              Doing what I love and loving what I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X