How to Say Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Say Goodbye

How do I prepare my dck's for my departure? I've watched every kid there come into the center, and all of them know me.

I know the SA's will understand, when they saw my last day on the calendar, I got a lot of horrified reactions .

But I don't know if my kids (4 & 5) will understand "not coming back", and when they do, will they be hurt that I went to work with other kids . I was on vacation a couple weeks ago, and I'm wondering will they just think its like that, and keep expecting me to come back in a few days?

This is the hardest part of leaving. Advice?

How about something like. Soon I will be going to a new school so you will have a new teacher. I will miss all of you but I know you will like your new teacher.
    It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
      How about something like. Soon I will be going to a new school so you will have a new teacher. I will miss all of you but I know you will like your new teacher.
      lovethis happyface. I agree.

Comment

She's forbidden me to tell the parents I'm leaving, probably because she knows they may leave behind me.

But some of my kids have been with me for 2 or 3 years. I know it will hurt their feelings for me to just leave with no warning . Just because she doesn't care about these families doesn't mean I dont.

Comment

Working...
        X