Snack & Lunch Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snack & Lunch Ideas

I have a rotating menu, but still am looking to break things up a bit and add a few new snack and lunch meals to my menu! Anyone have any kid-favorite ideas?
    Right now, the favorite snack for us is chocolate-dipped frozen bananas rolled in peanuts. Another kid favorite is real strawberry lemonade (buy lemonade or use the powder mix; then add some frozen sliced strawberries! YUM!)
    What are some of your favorites?

I have used a lot of the kids' favorite foods and drinks for this summer. Check it out: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/yourkids/main.aspx

It is so much easier for me to make...

Comment

Here are some other post that might help:
      Search for the best information on daycare, and childcare for your children

Comment

Right for some reason they are all liking cheese sticks... But we like:

bananas with melted peanut butter and honey the sprinkle granola
        mini pizza I take the mini hamburger buns place spoonful if pizza sause, get the topping out let the kids make the toast in the toaster oven
        I make what I call Rylee muffins, special made for my daughter that can't have milk, all the kids love those
        grahm crackers with peanut butter or nutella
        popsicyles
        grapes that I wash up place in the freeze in the moring in a snack sized zipper bags prefect at 10 am
        jello gigglers
        homemade ice cream
        cookies
        Last edited by Michael; 06-21-2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

i buy yogurt in the individual containers for my own kids - i get yoplait strawberry flavor and put them in the freezer. when they're frozen solid, they're reeeally good like ice cream but not messy. it takes awhile to eat them too.

jello with mixed fruit is good and cheap.

Comment

Here are some of the current favs:

Frozen Gogurts
            Cottage cheese and pretzels
            Graham crackers and milk
            Apples slices and string cheese

I may try the lemonade with strawberries. Maybe make them into popcicles?? YUMMO!

Comment

Snacks:
              Nacos with cheese and salsa
              Platter of fruit with dip
              Veggies with dip
              Spinach dip with bread or tortilla chips
              Rice cakes
              Pinweheel sandwiches
              Pepperoni, cheese and pickles/olives (grosses me out but they love this)
              Muffins
              Homemade granola bars
              Trail mix (dry cereal, rainsins, fish crackers, nuts depending on ages/allergies)
              Graham crackers with cream cheese
              Half a bagel with cream cheese
              Pretzels w/ a tablespoon of peanut butter or (occasionally) Nutella
              Hard boiled eggs
              Watermelon sliced up

Lunch:
              Porkloin in crockpot w/ cranberry sauce & onion soup mix, potatoes and veggies
              Burgers, potato salad, raw veg w/ dip
              Meatballs, rice, veggies
              Baked ham, potato salad, fruit
              Cold plates (keilbasa, cheese, assorted veggies w/dip, fruit, yogurt)
              Pizza (home made, frozen, english muffin style), salad
              Pasta w/ different sauces
              Stirfry, rice, salad
              Baked chicken, sweet potato fries, veggies
              Sandwiches (any type in any kind of grain - different breads, buns, soft tortilla shells)
              Chicken Wrap (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, peppers w/ cooked chicken or a baked chicken nugget cut up & ranch dressing)
              Tuna salad w/ bread sticks, coleslaw, fruit (my kids prefer using hard bread stick to scoop and eat tuna with)
              Roast beef, potatoes, veg.
              Tacos or Fajitas w/ fixings, salad
              Soup, salad and garlic bread
              Chicken ceasar salad
              Doing what I love and loving what I do.

Comment

Working...
              X