Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Parents Looking For When Interviewing Providers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
    Are you advertising as "special'? I would think you would get a lot of calls then because all the other advertisements look similar....meals provided, large play-yard, loving provider...yada yada

I know for me getting those FIRST clients in a new place is the hardest. No one wants to be the first to sign up...lest you quit, maybe?

Can you borrow some kids and take pictures for your website and ad campaign? Surely there is a friend or family member who would be thrilled to have their child doing some "modeling" for you.

How about telling all your FB friends that whoever sends you a client...they get $50 when the contract is signed, and the parent gets $50 off a week's tuition (the 2nd or 3rd week, after the trial period maybe).

Order a few tshirts and personalize them for your dc. As soon as you get a few kiddos (or again, borrow some) take them out to the park and show them off. Put your dc name on your stroller or wagon with a cute sign...and your phone number.

I'm telling you...you get one or two...and the floodgates will open. People will see and hear that you are different.

BTW...I wish I could come observe your program once you get going. Waldorf is cool!
    I completely agree with this. I started my business of 6 (5 and my 1) this past January and I had a very very hard time getting started for exactly this reason, no one wanted to be the FIRST!

I had a DOZEN interviews before people finally started signing on. They all asked me if there were other kids and I got to the point where I almost started making up kids so I could say yes. I was asking friends to borrow their kids to be present!

But then, once the ball got rolling I'm full now and turn TONS of people away. All of my current families know someone else who wants me, but I'm full. When I walk in the neighborhood with my brood (2 infants in double stroller, one infant on my back, and 3 toddlers on safety bands, and the dog too!) people comment and ask if I have openings and do I charge hourly to come over just for a play date!

Comment

Dedicated floor space, years in business, former clients as references, small ratio, owning your home, being married, etc. I think all of these are factored in.

Comment

-No television
        -Hubs helps run the business
        -Serve healthy hot meals (will accomidate vegetarian diets)
        -Do arts and crafts on a regular basis
        -Low ratio
        -Play outside/go for a walk every day
        -We focus on LIFE skills as opposed to preschool
        -We have an actual daycare setup as opposed to toy boxes in a family livingroom
        -Years in operation
        -Excellent references
        -Our handbook, contract and other paperwork is very professional

Comment

Working...
        X