Playground Surfaces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playground Surfaces?

I know some of you said you have use artificial turf. What do others of you use on your playground for a surface?

Some other playgorund surface threads https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...round+surfaces

Comment

I put rubber mats under our playground. They were pricey, but it's nice because there is no mess! They surprisingly don't get too hot either. They are specifically made for playgrounds and can withstand a fall from 2 feet (which is how high my playground is). I posted a picture in this thread:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46025

Comment

Thanks for the links. I checked them out!

Comment

I used to have river pea gravel . It was great under the swings but around the sand box it became compacted with the spilled sand over the year. I had to lossen it with a shoved 2x a year in that area.

I was lucky enough to get a grant so not I have rubber mulch. We laid it over the pea gravel with landscape fabric between. It is WONDERFUL but without the grant it as not in my budget.
          It:: will wait

Comment

The rubber mulch is what I would REALLY love, but as you said, it is waaayyy out of my budget, even if I got a grant that covered 1/2! I can't believe they charge that much for old, chewed up tires!

Comment

Originally posted by Countrygal View Post
              I can't believe they charge that much for old, chewed up tires!
              ::::

We looked into getting the rubber mulch as well, but the area I have to cover is so big it is nowhere near in my budget.
              I'm going to be using mulch, and I know, I know, it sticks to clothes, and has to be re-done. We don't really have any other choice though price wise, plus we found a great deal at our local green waste recycling facility for it!

Comment

I use my front yard for a play area, so it is grass. But under the swingset we have woodchips.

Comment

I bought my first load of woodchips, but this spring dh went to the township and got a few loads free. You haul it, it's yours.

The "store bought" ones are a bit nicer...finer chipper and less greenery. But, these do the job.

Comment

Working...
                  X