Advice On Private Pay For Summer !?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice On Private Pay For Summer !?!

I have 2 families that are private pay. So I charge for infant/toddler $25 a day and for preschool/schoolage is $20 a day. Well my one pp family with 2 kids I only charged $60/week which was 2 days for an infant 8+ hrs. and $10 for the schoolager b/c I only had him about 4-5 a week. Well summer break is here and I will have him the 2 days 8+ hrs. So that would make it $90/week and I know that is a big difference.

I was wondering if you guys give anyone with 2 or more kids in your care do you give a deal ? I am not sure what to do since this is my first time dealing with this. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks !!

May be some answers in the summer rate threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=summer+rates

Comment

I don't do sibling discounts, since I don't provide discounted care. The SA child takes up a space, the same as any other child, so they should definitely be charged the same (at least IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by Provider_Manda View Post
        I have 2 families that are private pay. So I charge for infant/toddler $25 a day and for preschool/schoolage is $20 a day. Well my one pp family with 2 kids I only charged $60/week which was 2 days for an infant 8+ hrs. and $10 for the schoolager b/c I only had him about 4-5 a week. Well summer break is here and I will have him the 2 days 8+ hrs. So that would make it $90/week and I know that is a big difference.

I was wondering if you guys give anyone with 2 or more kids in your care do you give a deal ? I am not sure what to do since this is my first time dealing with this. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks !!
        Charge them the full amount -- the parents should be expecting to pay more for full day care for their school-ager anyway. If they sent him to a day camp or summer program, they'd be paying alot more than that

I'm capped at 5 kids, so I charge by the spot, not by age or anything else. I don't give sibling discounts either -- it totally isn't worth it for me. And, although I'm a mother of 3, I don't believe that parents should get special treatment just because they have more than one kid
        www.WelcomeToTheZoo.ca

Comment

Charge the full amount. If you don't you will be sorry later. This happened to me. I gave far too much of a summer discount for one SA last summer @ 100 due to baby sibling. My regular rate is 175. I can only have 6 so this year I said it would be increased to 145. They gave me a hard time. I still feel cheated @ 145. I would rather have the spot given to another kid @ 175, but then I stand to lose the full year infant. :sigh:

Comment

Working...
          X