No announcement yet.

Artificial Turf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, how do you call that kind of fencing that you have?
    It is 48", non climb 2"x4" horse or farm fence non-welded wire.

I just looked at some of the photos from the previous thread and saw the pvc picket fence that we thought we might use leaned up against the wire fence. We chose to not use pvc and went with farm fence that surrounded our property when we bought the house.
    I see little people.

Comment

Originally posted by Childminder View Post
      It is 48", non climb 2"x4" horse or farm fence non-welded wire.

I just looked at some of the photos from the previous thread and saw the pvc picket fence that we thought we might use leaned up against the wire fence. We chose to not use pvc and went with farm fence that surrounded our property when we bought the house.
      I might have to do something like this. Wouldn't mind doing the same artificial turf installation with that fence too!

Comment

we have sand on the little playground and woodchips on the big kids side. Wish we could do ANYTHING else!

Comment

What about rubber mulch? It that messy or hard to contain?

Comment

Originally posted by Lovatic24 View Post
            What about rubber mulch? It that messy or hard to contain?
            For a while rubber mulch was THE coolest, safest, best option available. So all the area public and school play grounds added rubber mulch. I am sure they spent a ton!

Fast forward and now someone is putting two and two together;
            ...and realizing rubber mulch is made of tires so it's all gotta go.

Replacement cost? estimated to be over a million $$'s....

Replacing the rubber mulch used on 10 playgrounds may cost the Duluth school district at least $1.2 million and take three years to complete. The Duluth School Board earlier this year voted to replace the controversial material with wood chips, b...

Comment

We actually installed the artificial turf a couple of years ago and I love it. Not only does the yard look good for tours and in pictures, even if we get a rain storm there are no mud pits the next day and the kids can still go out and play. Before the shady area wouldn't even grow real grass. I will attach a couple of pics to this. I would love to see what you come up with.

Comment

Anyone in the MN metro area...

If anyone is in the MN metro area and looking for mulch, we're expecting to have LOTS of it in the next few weeks...

Had to take down a few big, dying trees to prep for daycare. I'd love to see it go to a fellow provider!

Comment

Working...
                X