Ran into a Daycare Parent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran into a Daycare Parent...

Today I needed to run a couple of errands so my hubby was watching the kids while I was gone. I was walking into the store and ran into one of my dc dads who was coming out. He is a teacher and school got out last friday. He kind of looked at me and said "what are you doing here?" I was upbeat and just said "Oh, I am just picking up a couple of things for the summer program." (which I was). I have told the parents that my hubby fills in for me when I have appointments etc...but I still wish I had not have run into him!

I would have said: well I though I would get some errands done while I had all the kids hanging from the ceiling in my house by their toes!! I have about 30 minutes before they start to come un tied, and are back to the races..

Sorry you ran into a parent, surely he understands!!

Comment

Originally posted by originalkat View Post
      Today I needed to run a couple of errands so my hubby was watching the kids while I was gone. I was walking into the store and ran into one of my dc dads who was coming out. He is a teacher and school got out last friday. He kind of looked at me and said "what are you doing here?" I was upbeat and just said "Oh, I am just picking up a couple of things for the summer program." (which I was). I have told the parents that my hubby fills in for me when I have appointments etc...but I still wish I had not have run into him!
      Where was his child? I would HATE when I left the dc for the day and go to Walmart or somewhere and just see parents taking their time shopping etc. Only to find out that they picked up their child HOURS after!

Comment

i would have said

"what are YOU doing here while little jonny is stuck sitting at my house?"

ok, maybe i wouldnt say it, but i would be thinkng it!!!!

Comment

I take it you aren't watching his child now since he is out of school, right? Really none of his business what you are doing at the store.

Comment

Thanks Guys! I knew I could count on you for a few chuckles and understanding! She is still coming full time all summer. I am not really sure why. But as long as I get paid I dont mind.

No he acted fine about it. But, I just felt a little uncomfortable about it so I wanted to vent to my daycare buddies.::

Comment

Thanks Guys! I knew I could count on you for a few chuckles and understanding! She is still coming full time all summer. I am not really sure why. But as long as I get paid I dont mind.

No he acted fine about it. But, I just felt a little uncomfortable about it so I wanted to vent to my daycare buddies.::
              Maybe you coudl just remind him that your DH was filling in so you could run errands. Frustrating though. What does he do all summer if he is not at school?!? Sort of sad that he doesn't want to be home with his kid at least a couple days a week.

Comment

that has happened to me as well. All my parents know the same thing, that my husband or daughter sits in if I have an appointment or errand and they are all fine with it. I usually try to do the errands during nap time that way it's easier for my hubby

Comment

Likewise, I leave the children with dh while they are usually down for naps. Parents have to realize there are just some things that can only be done during regular business hours... Luckily all my parents are fine with dh watching them while I have to run out.
                  ~Candice~

Comment

Originally posted by janarae View Post
                    Maybe you coudl just remind him that your DH was filling in so you could run errands. Frustrating though. What does he do all summer if he is not at school?!? Sort of sad that he doesn't want to be home with his kid at least a couple days a week.
                    I agree.:confused:

Comment

My wife makes quick trips to the store, to pick up our kids from a school function, for this or that regularly while I'm home and watching the DC kids. No biggie.

One parent did seem a little concerned that my mother and I were watching DC kids with my wife out running an errand....until I pointed out that my mother was doing daycare long before this woman was a twinkle in her dad's eye.
                      Spouse of a daycare provider....which I guess makes me one too!

Comment

it's nice to run errands and have someone watch your kids, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chickenhauler View Post
                          My wife makes quick trips to the store, to pick up our kids from a school function, for this or that regularly while I'm home and watching the DC kids. No biggie.

One parent did seem a little concerned that my mother and I were watching DC kids with my wife out running an errand....until I pointed out that my mother was doing daycare long before this woman was a twinkle in her dad's eye.
                          Ya, I think that the dcd might have been wondering why my husband wasnt running the errands while I was at home. But my hubby likes to give me a break sometimes and would rather stay home with the kids than run around from place to place following my list of to do's. I LOVE to be able to get out and about once in awhile. I didnt explain any of that to the dcd of course. I just acted natural like it was good to see him and it was no big deal. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by melskids View Post
                            i would have said "what are YOU doing here while little jonny is stuck sitting at my house?"
                            Ditto!

Comment

I went on my first errand yesterday while hubby was with kids during nap. I was freak out! But, good to hear it is norm for most folks, after all, some things do have to happen during business hours!

Comment

Working...
                              X