Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Anyone Else Getting These Automated Calls?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Anyone Else Getting These Automated Calls?!

I have listed my cell phone number and my home number with the Do Not Call Registry.

For the past couple of months, I get a call on my cell phone and today, they are now calling my house.

Their automated message goes something like this:

"This is Cardholder Services calling in reference to your credit card account. There is nothing wrong with your account. We are calling to help you lower your credit card debt and interest rates. It is imperative you contact us. Please press 1 to speak to an associate or press 3 to discontinue this call."

I've done both! I've actually spoken with 2 different reps and have told them to remove me from their system and not to call us.

Come to find out. This is a debt consolidation company for people with more than $10,000 in credit card debt. That sure isn't me!!!

How do you get these people to actually remove you from their calling list and have them stop calling. It's getting ridiculous! They called as late as 9:40pm one night and I know that telemarketers can't call past 8pm!!!

OMG! Yes! They are driving me CRAZY! I get them on my cell and my home phone. It's been 6 months. When I press 3 to be removed, the person hangs up on me.

I've starting pressing 1 for an operator and then setting the carbon monoxide detector off in their ear when they answer. The calls come a little less frequently now.

This particular company can't be traced. They have a system that scrambles the caller ID #s so you cant report them. It is beyond frustrating.

Comment

Yes, I get these calls ALL the time too and funny thing is I don't and never had a credit card so :confused:

I've tried talking with them too and they just hang up on me!

Originally posted by JenNJ View Post
      OMG! Yes! They are driving me CRAZY! I get them on my cell and my home phone. It's been 6 months. When I press 3 to be removed, the person hangs up on me.

I've starting pressing 1 for an operator and then setting the carbon monoxide detector off in their ear when they answer. The calls come a little less frequently now.

This particular company can't be traced. They have a system that scrambles the caller ID #s so you cant report them. It is beyond frustrating.
      That is awesome!! ::::

Comment

I just downloaded this app on my Android phone that is called "Mr. Number". It allows me to block those types of calls and either send them straight to VM or pick up and hang up automatically. It also tells me if they think it is a spam call.

Comment

Yes, and another saying "This is Energy so-and-so....". I hang up as soon as I hear the automated voice.

I heard on the news a couple months back that the FCC had given the go-ahead for telemarketers to start calling people's cell phone numbers....it was illegal before.

I haven't had a landline in years, so I had been escaping them...not anymore I guess.

Comment

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by these idiots! They won't talk to me, it's a different number EVERY time and they always call once a day, at different times of the day. I just don't know what to do about them! If I could just get them to not hang up, but they won't do it.

If anyone has any tips, please share! It drives me nuts too!

Comment

Also, I have let the Singamajig "talk" to them. My son finds that pretty funny. Or I hand the phone to one of the kids.

Comment

Yes I used to get them. I'm glad I save things. This link was still in my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by JayChanel View Post
                  Yes I used to get them. I'm glad I save things. This link was still in my favorites.

http://complaintwire.org/complaint/Q...lders-services
                  Did it stop? My problem is that it isn't the same number every time.

Comment

funny, but I get the same ones as you guys do, and I live in ontario. Esp. the cc one. I too put my name on the do not call list and I still get called.

Comment

Guess I have been lucky, no calls for me .....I better go knock on wood now

Comment

Originally posted by Zoe View Post
                        Did it stop? My problem is that it isn't the same number every time.
                        That's my problem too.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                          I just downloaded this app on my Android phone that is called "Mr. Number". It allows me to block those types of calls and either send them straight to VM or pick up and hang up automatically. It also tells me if they think it is a spam call.
                          Thank you! Mr. Number is now downloaded! At least that will stop the cell calls.

As for the home number, I hope they enjoy the carbon monoxide detector! LOL

Comment

Uh, I've been getting that call and the "Hi, this is Gladys ..." one about getting your carpet cleaned. So frustrating. They both scramble their numbers and even use the telephone numbers of random companies so that when people call to make an official complaint with the "Do Not Call" registry it actually gets a completely different company in trouble

Comment

I get it at least once a week. I keep texting "STOP" like it asks and I still get them.

Comment

Working...
                              X