Soy Milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soy Milk

I have a 2year old boy that is on soy milk. Although he can eat other dairy products the mom wants him to drink soy milk.

My question is.... He poops 3 or 4 times a day and tends to be gassy. Does soy milk do this?

Originally posted by Oneluckymom View Post
    I have a 2year old boy that is on soy milk. Although he can eat other dairy products the mom wants him to drink soy milk.

My question is.... He poops 3 or 4 times a day and tends to be gassy. Does soy milk do this?
    It definitely can.

Comment

maybe TMI, but that is why I don't drink it....plus its not as good for you as people think it is...
      Last edited by Michael; 04-16-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I really don't think it is healthy in "place of milk" and I know it has been theorized to cause hormone issues ESP in boys. I can't understand why they want him to drink the soy, just because they "think" he can't tolerate regular milk.

And yes they brought a drs note imaging the soy milk.

Comment

Darn autocorrect.....not imaging I meant "okaying"

Comment

Originally posted by Oneluckymom View Post
            Darn autocorrect.....not imaging I meant "okaying"
            ... Well I don't think milk is healthy either... Just drink water....

Comment

If he has milk sensitivities, any dairy products can cause loose stools or gassiness, so this might be caused by the rest of his diet and not the soy milk.

Comment

Dairy senstivities/allergies often go hand in hand with soy allergies. My DD is allergic to both. They are very closely related. Often DR's will tell people to avoid soy as well if there is a dairy allergy. My DD's reaction to soy produces hives and pin like rash. Dairy causes intestinal issues, phlegm and eczema.

I personally wouldn't feed a growing child any soy. It is known to mimic estrogen in the body which can be bad for little bodies. There is also a link between this and cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariana View Post
                  Dairy senstivities/allergies often go hand in hand with soy allergies. My DD is allergic to both. They are very closely related. Often DR's will tell people to avoid soy as well if there is a dairy allergy. My DD's reaction to soy produces hives and pin like rash. Dairy causes intestinal issues, phlegm and eczema.

I personally wouldn't feed a growing child any soy. It is known to mimic estrogen in the body which can be bad for little bodies. There is also a link between this and cancer.
                  Which is why I was so surprised when a dr thought it was fine for him.

Comment

ever tried Rice Milk?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      ever tried Rice Milk?
                      Actually Michael this is a daycare boy, but I never thought of asking them if they have. That I would think may be a better option for him.

Comment

My DD drinks fortified organic rice milk. Just make sure to tell them that it needs to be fortified to get the same nutrition as regular cows milk. It's worth a shot to see if his pooping decreases

Comment

What about coconut milk. The doctor said the rice and coconut milks are much better for kids than soy. I love the coconut milk much better than soy. Yuck!

Comment

Almond milk is another good option. My son drinks it because it is lower in carbs than regular milk (he is diabetic.)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB View Post
                              What about coconut milk. The doctor said the rice and coconut milks are much better for kids than soy. I love the coconut milk much better than soy. Yuck!
                              Are the coconut milks fortified? I LOVE coconut milk but here in Canada we can't get it fortified ....or at least I've never seen it.

And almond milk is awesome too!

Comment

Working...
                              X