Tractor Tires for Playground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tractor Tires for Playground

I'm excited to be getting 2 huge tractor tires delivered FREE today for my playground!!happyfacehappyfacehappyface

I love freecycle! www.freecycle.org/

OH!!!OH!!! I never thought of Freecycle!!! Thanks so much!!! I've been trying to get a couple/three of the same and have been wracking my brain for who I can hit up!!! What a great idea!happyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyface

Comment

I've been thinking about doing this myself! But I wanted to make sure they are partially buried or filled in a way that there was not water pooling and sitting in the tires. That is a safety concern.

Comment

I know people who bury the bottom of them, but also put in drain holes on the side that sits on the ground.

Comment

I'm going to paint it green & orange.

Comment

I keep telling dh to hook the trailer and get me some. I'm going to bury them in the ground, half way. My kids love to climb on the inside and hide.

Comment

?

do they leave black rubber marks on the kids from climbing? For those of you that have these can you post pictures so that I can see what you have done with them. Thank you-

Comment

Oh yes! That's why I'm in the process of painting these!

Comment

What kind of paint will work on the rubber?? What are you using??

Comment

any kind will stick. I'm using spray paint.

Comment

Originally posted by lymemomma View Post
                      any kind will stick. I'm using spray paint.
                      You need to use arcrylic latex paint. You can buy it in spray can form.

Anything else will wash off, fade, chip or crack off.

Comment

Oh really? Good thing that's what I bought. LOL. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by lymemomma View Post
                          Oh really? Good thing that's what I bought. LOL. Good to know.
                          Yep. Painted tires on play grounds are pretty common here. I have seen them in mulitple sizes.....we are lucky enough to have some of the world's largest open-pit iron ore mines here so we can get tires that are from GIANT earth movers and dump-trucks so imagine the fun kids have on those!

Here is how large they are:
                          Last edited by Blackcat31; 10-12-2014, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X