Paper Towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Towels

For those of you that use paper towels for home and daycare use (which I'm assuming is pretty much everybody except me : how many rolls do you go through in a week for cleaning and everyday life?

Don't think that I'm wierd or anything but I havn't used them in a LONG time and I honestly can't remember how many I used way back when I did. I do use napkins for mealtimes and to dry hands and such but I need the info to get a general idea on how much money I'm actually saving. Thanks so much

I buy a 12 pack (double rolls) at Sam's Club. A package lasts me about 6 weeks.

Comment

I buy the c fold ones from sams a case last me lately about 2 months maybe 3 and the case is $26.00

Comment

I use baby wipes for snacks and mealtime. I alternate, one day from a daycare child's boc, the next one, the next day, etc. etc.... it works very well!!

Comment

I buy the cheapo ones from Walmart in a 3 pack. There are 70 sheets per roll. I usually have the 3rd roll on the dispenser when I go grocery shopping on Sundays, so 2 1/2 rolls a week. It's just my husband and me, 2 dc toddlers, and a dc infant.

Comment

Sorry. We are having horrible storms and I got distracted. I guess I accidently double posted, but I can't figure out how to delete this.

Comment

I go through at least 2 rolls a week in the kitchen and 1 roll a week in the bathroom.

Comment

I do not use paper towels for DC. I use an idea someone else on here gave me of using individual washcloths for drying hands.

I only use paper towel in the kitchen and only very sparingly for wiping out pans or for a quick wipe in an emergency. I probably go through 3 rolls a month.

Comment

Thank you ladies. Really. You all helped a lot. I'm trying to figure out cost-wise and environmentally frendly-wise whether continuing to use rags to clean and wipe spills was better than using paper towels since rags = more laundry =.more energy used. Thanka bunch!

Comment

Geez we use them every time we wash our hands. FCCRS I go thru 6 to 8 rolls or brawny a WEEK!
                    I am thinking of quiting. It is expensive!
                    Not Clueless anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless View Post
                      Geez we use them every time we wash our hands. FCCRS I go thru 6 to 8 rolls or brawny a WEEK!
                      I am thinking of quiting. It is expensive!
                      You don't have to quit completely, won't you just a lower rating on this one area?

Comment

I meant quit the paper towels.
                        yep it would lower 1 maybe 2 areas. I would still have to use paper towels at the changing table though.
                        Not Clueless anymore

Comment

I try not to think about how many I use! But then it's a business expense, so I keep telling myself it's no biggie! If we don't have paper, we have to have an individual towel for each kid daily and I have 16 kids here every single day at least. And I just don't have the room to hang up all those towels (or even washcloths) so they don't touch (a rule)

Comment

I use the individual washcloths, my daycare registrar suggested this to me when I started up my business. I LOVE it, they don't take up much room in the wash machine and so much more environmentally friendly :-). I don't have a lot of kids here so it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY View Post
                              I use the individual washcloths, my daycare registrar suggested this to me when I started up my business. I LOVE it, they don't take up much room in the wash machine and so much more environmentally friendly :-). I don't have a lot of kids here so it works for me.
                              I use handi-wipes cut into thirds. they dry very quickly and do not take up as much room as washcloths. The kids help me fold them in half and I keep them in a basket.

Comment

Working...
                              X