Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving My Family & Home Daycare To Another State

Hi everyone,

I have been doing home daycare since 2003 and I feel blessed to be able to stay home with my children. I'm hoping to be able to move to a warmer climate later this year (arthritis).

I am trying to decide whether or not to do home daycare once we move. Here it has been easy for me because I have established friendships and good word of mouth for my daycare, in the new city I will not have any of this. I am a single parent and I am worried about 1) feeling isolated by being home all day and 2) not being able to find new daycare kids.

Has anyone else done this? Any tips or suggestions?

Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

Well you have a family of daycare operators here that you can chat with everyday. This site also offers a lot of information on how to acquire new clients. So you've come to the right place. The forum gets a lot more action on during the week so stick around. What state are you moving TO?
    Last edited by Michael; 04-01-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

for me it would depend on how much I had in savings I would tend to find a job before moving then later do childcare if I wanted.
      It:: will wait

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.

Well you have a family of daycare operators here that you can chat with everyday. This site also offers a lot of information on how to acquire new clients. So you've come to the right place. The forum gets a lot more action on during the week so stick around. What state are you moving TO?
        Thanks! I am hoping to move to Texas (Harris County)

Comment

Originally posted by itlw8 View Post
          for me it would depend on how much I had in savings I would tend to find a job before moving then later do childcare if I wanted.
          Thanks for the feedback. Thats something I worry about too, lack of work experience outside the home for almost 10 years! If I went that route I'd probably need to check out colleges, not that thats a bad idea

Comment

Working...
          X