Sibling Discounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibling Discounts?

Okay, I have an interview tomorrow for a parent who has three children. A set of two year old twins and a preschooler. WHOOT! The preschooler will only be here half a day in the afternoon after preschool. As for the two full time twins, what kind of a discount should I offer to the mom for having BOTH in care? AND, what how much should I shave off the charge if the preschooler will only be here the second half of the day? Just wondering what kind of breaks you guys give?? THANKS!

I have two siblings starting next month and gave 50 dollar discount per week than what I would charge each person

Comment

Truthfully...NONE!

I stopped giving sibling discounts and it hasn't been an issue at all! If you feel like you have to give something, then go with a token, like 10%

Comment

I agree with 10%. It's not much, but lets parents think they're getting something...

Comment

I don't give discounts for sibs but I do allow any sibling born into the day care to be paid at the rate of the older sibling. If they start at the same time there wouldn't be a discount.
          http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I still give sibling discounts as well, but not preschool discounts. I charge $10.00 less a week for 2 siblings in daycare, it's not much, but anything is helpful.

Comment

Lets say the twins would be $140 a week normally each. I would then say $275 a week. So they think they are getting a discount and you are working with them, but you dont lose money just by taking siblings.

Comment

I make my family of 3 pay me $250/week, this is $25 off for the second and third child....all are full time.

Comment

Originally posted by actaktmdt View Post
                  I make my family of 3 pay me $250/week, this is $25 off for the second and third child....all are full time.
                  Holy cow! You aren't even getting $100 per week! What is the going rate in your area?

Comment

Our average rate here is only $85 per week, some less, some more.

Comment

Originally posted by mac60 View Post
                      Wow!! Where are you at again? THis is so low!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mac60 View Post
                        Yikes. That was my rate in 1995

Is the cost of living where you live really low?
                        http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I do not give discounts. Each child takes up the same amount of space, care, food. If the parent did not have multiple children you would have another child in that spot for full rate.

Comment

I would likely give a small discount, 5 or 10% but not much more than that. Watching twin toddlers will be a BIG job I am sure! You deserve every penny!

Comment

Great Lakes Region, 50 miles from me in a suburb of a city, my friend gets $3 to $4 per hour per child......It is crazy how 50 miles can make such a difference. At our local center, an infant is $120, a preschooler is $96.

Comment

Working...
                              X