Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Keep Your House from Smelling Like a Daycare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Keep Your House from Smelling Like a Daycare?

What do you guys do to get your house fresh and clean, without the over-sanitized hospital smell? 2 kids just got picked up and I went to clean the playroom and PHEW... it smelled so bad

I use lysol spray. I air out the house with open windows. I take out the trash daily. I clean toys weekly.

My guest bedroom and playroom always have that daycare smell for a day or two after the kids leave for the weekend, even though I super clean. I feel like those 2 rooms always smell like poop or a hospital.

Just wondering how others keep their house smelling fresh when the kids go home for the day?

I don't allow daycare kids in my house.

(sorry, I couldn't resist. )

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Brat

Comment

TGIF! ::

Comment

I buy the wall plug ins from bath and body works. I have 3 in my house they smell so good..

Does not smell like chemicals...AND I open all my windows for a few hours even in the freezing cold....

Comment

:: Cat

I know what you mean. I will walk by the napping room and it will just smell like kids or poop. I open the window and keep the fan going and wash pnp sheets in Gain so it smells nummy in there. But even then it is hard to get rid of the smell.

In my main areas I burn candles. I love love love candles and I have a Air Wick air freshner that goes off every 36 minutes

Comment

For all smells I use Ionic Air Purifier. Here is a good thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37395

This is a natural air freshioner:

Dr. Schulze's Air Detox: https://www.herbdoc.com/index.php?op...&Itemid=42&c=1
              • DESTROYS airborne bacteria, viruses, pathogens and antigens on contact
              • DELIGHTFUL eucalyptus/citrus scent lifts the spirits and clears the mind
              • 100% pure essential oils, not diluted
              • GREAT for your home, car or office
              Herbal Ingredients: 100% pure essential oils of Eucalyptus, Grapefruit, Lime, Lemon, Orange

Last edited by Michael; 03-23-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                For all smells I use Ionic Air Purifier.
                Do they really work? I have been seriously thinking of buying one because although my house doesn't smell like kids, my daycare sure can at times!

I leave and have to close all the doors and windows each night and for the whole weekend so I think my daycare probably smells worse than most since it is locked up tight for big periods of time where others live in their daycares and can open windows and do other day to day things that eventually cover up or clear out the smells of diapers and little kids.

My DH suggested an ionic air purifyer....but I am such a big baby about buying anything that "might not" work or has no visual results I can actually measure.

Comment

Me neither,,,LOL!!!!!!

Seriously...I clean deep and then I spray Glade powder scent everywhere. It's not overpowering and yet makes the day care smell like freshly powered babies! Everyone comments on how they like the smell. My son lives there and so he doesn't want it smelling too flowery or sterile...but he likes the soft powder scent.

Comment

Do they really work? I have been seriously thinking of buying one because although my house doesn't smell like kids, my daycare sure can at times!

I leave and have to close all the doors and windows each night and for the whole weekend so I think my daycare probably smells worse than most since it is locked up tight for big periods of time where others live in their daycares and can open windows and do other day to day things that eventually cover up or clear out the smells of diapers and little kids.

My DH suggested an ionic air purifyer....but I am such a big baby about buying anything that "might not" work or has no visual results I can actually measure.
                    I once bought 5 of the big $300 ionizers when they were popular around 10 years ago. They worked great but a report came out (like all the others)suggesting how they might not be healthy. I use to put one blowing right at my daughters crib and 10 years later she is as normal as any other child and never gets sick.

When I hang out with friends in a smoke filled room I come home and take off my cloths in the garage where I also have an ionizer. Next morning the cloths have no smoke smell and actually smell like they were just washed. I have only had great experiences with ionizers.

Comment

I think I am definitely going to get one of those!

Tax write off???

Comment

I loved my Linen scented Glade spray... and I mopped every day with my Fabuloso... (the green stuff)... smells soooo good

Comment

After the kids leave I can still smell the fabric softener from their clothes. Blegh.

Essential oils are amazing.

Comment

Ugh, I don't know. I have used the Glade plug-in things and they do okay.

I don't have the over-sanitized smell, but the poo smell from a couple of those kids sure does linger.
                            Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!

Comment

I keep all of my windows open as much as possible. I try not to use odor maskers when not necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X