Help Diarrhea!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Diarrhea!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I have a new baby that is eight months old and ever since last monday she has had non stop Diarrhea. well friday every daycare kid plus myself had a stomach bug. I had to close friday because I got sick at 4 am. So I thought stupid me kept having the baby come she prob gave it to us. But today she still has it bad. could it possibly be something we can get or could it be from teething. Im worried that we will get sick again. But she has had it since last monday so maybe she didnt give it to us. Please any advise would be helpful!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Michael; 03-20-2012, 01:02 PM.

NO attendance for diarrhea. Doesn't matter WHAT the cause is. They cannot attend until free from diarrhea for a full 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
      NO attendance for diarrhea. Doesn't matter WHAT the cause is. They cannot attend until free from diarrhea for a full 24 hours.
      contract does state that but I broke it since she came all last week. I just hate to get sick again. How do I inform her????

Comment

Why not just say, "Hey mom , I was super flexible last week but will now have to enforce my contract in regards to the diarrhea. I can't take any more chance with getting sick so he will not be able to return to care until he has been free from diarrhea for a full 24 hours."

Then smile big and don't back down.

Comment

Originally posted by melissathayer28 View Post
          Ok so I have a new baby that is eight months old and ever since last monday she has had non stop diarrah. well friday every daycare kid plus myself had a stomach bug. I had to close friday because I got sick at 4 am. So I thought stupid me kept having the baby come she prob gave it to us. But today she still has it bad. could it possibly be something we can get or could it be from teething. Im worried that we will get sick again. But she has had it since last monday so maybe she didnt give it to us. Please any advise would be helpful!!!!!!!!!
          It's probably viral- we had a very bad stomach bug come through my daycare and I had to send a lot of kids home. All it takes is for 1 germ to come through- and I think that you can catch the same stomach virus again, so they can keep giving it back to each other (i may be wrong though).

After the weekend, I sanitized everyone's hands upon arrival, all throughout the day, and in between every diaper change. I changed them in different areas too so no 2 kids were changed in the same place. We cut out all dairy for the week and excess fruit (which exacerbates diaharea).i also separated the mouthers from the non-mouthers so they wouldnt further spread germs, and of course, I cleaned the house like a crazy person.

It took a full 2 weeks to get everyone diaharrea free

I empathize totally!!!

Comment

I have a 9 mo dcg that has diarrhea almost every single day since she started solid foods (about 6 mos old). Usually only 1-2 episodes. It is very very frustrating.

The difference is, no one is catching any stomach bugs here; so I am convinced it is not contagious. I do think that she is either allergic to something or that something is wrong. I say something almost every day about the diarrhea, and I've told DCM that she needs to talk to the Dr. about it. Still hasn't talked to him as far as I know. This is so frustrating to me! Doesn't her mom know that diarrhea every day is bad for her daughter, and wouldn't she want to find out WHY she has it everyday? Grrrrr.

Comment

I tell my parents, I am not a doctor and I can't tell WHAT is wrong with your child, but if they display any of the following symptoms, then I will exclude your child from care.

If the same issues occurs for more than X amount of days, I will require you to get diagnosis along with a treatment plan from your doctor.

A return to care note from your doctor will not be accepted for your child to be admitted back into care.

Comment

The best way is to start of by inforcing your rules from day one. If your contract says no diarreah then that is what it means. Period. it is too hard to determine if it is actually from teething or a bug. Lesson learned years ago for me, so no diarreah period at this daycare!

Comment

I suggested probiotics to my dcb who had diaharrea for so long and they got some. We put it in all of his bottles for the first few days, and I still give him some with his morning bottle It worked as well!

Just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                  X