Bringing Children in Jammies.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing Children in Jammies.....

Dcg was dropped off at 7:30 this morning in jammies. Mom says oh she didn't want to get dressed this morning. Oh really? She's 5 months old, I don't think getting dressed is really up to her.

Send her home in the jammies and tell the Mom she didn't want to get dressed today.
    http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

I dressed her when I changed her diaper as its going to be 80 today and she was in footie pajamas. Dad picked her up a few minutes ago and then she will be back at 1 until 9pm and back tomorrow at 7.

Comment

Are pajamas distinguishable from other clothes at 5 months? I think all of my guys lives in sleepers, onesies, and "Sweet'pea" style outfits until at least 7 or 8 months. I would totally not make a big deal out of this!

Comment

Doesn't bother me, as long as parents dont complain if my kids are wearing jammies all day. I can see how it would be a problem if you have a larger group though

Comment

Originally posted by nannyde View Post
            Send her home in the jammies and tell the Mom she didn't want to get dressed today.
            this is the funniest thing I have ever heard of in my life................

REALLY DCM, come up with something better than that....

Comment

LOL... more like mom didn't feel like dressing baby today.

Anyways, I don't care if kids come in jammies - but I will not dress them at daycare - they will go home in their jammies too. They also better be weather appropriate PJs because we're not staying in all day because mom was lazy

Comment

I don't mind babies coming in jammies. I probably won't change them out of them though unless they get messy when eating or had a blowout or something. Then, I would change them no matter what they were wearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                  I dressed her when I changed her diaper as its going to be 80 today and she was in footie pajamas. Dad picked her up a few minutes ago and then she will be back at 1 until 9pm and back tomorrow at 7.
                  Well there's your "in". Say to Mom at the door that you can't receive her because it will be too hot for pajamas today. If she doesn't want to change out of them she needs to stay home with Mom. That way she can be in pajamas in hot weather.

Bottom line is that the Mom is comfortable forcing you to do it by coming up with a silly phrase like "she didn't want to". She's cool with just saying words cuz that's easier than taking the time with your child in the morning and getting them ready for child care. She's on to the idea that you will do as you are told even if the words she uses to tell you aren't the exact words she means. When she said the baby didn't want to get dressed what she was really saying is "dress my child".
                  http://www.amazon.com/Daycare-Whispe...=doing+daycare

Comment

Children come in ready at any age. This includes infants having their first bottle as well. Not dressed, they get sent home or I'll do it for an additional $10.00 each occurance.

Comment

I don't mind that much that she brought her in her jammies but don't tell me oh she didn't want to get dressed. Silly excuse.

Comment

At my house, she would go home in jammies also. I've had moms say "her clothes are in her bag" - expecting that I will change their clothes. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                          Dcg was dropped off at 7:30 this morning in jammies. Mom says oh she didn't want to get dressed this morning. Oh really? She's 5 months old, I don't think getting dressed is really up to her.
                          Is this the same child from your other thread about DCG crying all day so you can't get anything done? You said that child was almost 1 years old and starting to walk.

So this is a different daycare child who is 5 mos old and you also watch on Sundays?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
                            Is this the same child from your other thread about DCG crying all day so you can't get anything done? You said that child was almost 1 years old and starting to walk.

So this is a different daycare child who is 5 mos old and you also watch on Sundays?
                            My DS is 1 and starting to walk I meant that I can't hold the 5and month old all day when my DS is around making mischief

Comment

I would never accept a child in pj's, unless it is pajama day in daycare. It is in my contract, must be up, dressed, changed, fed and ready for daycare.

Comment

Working...
                              X