X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks me too!

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineMama View Post
      They do not give him juice. Dad just told me at pickup that they have been increasing his milk. He is 14.5 months and they still have me giving him formula. I suggested probiotics today to him- hope they take the advice! It will help with his colds AND diaharrea. If not- I don't know what I am going to do. I really dont think I can handle constant runny poop- no matter how much I love the baby and the family. It's just too gross.
      I would suggest they see the baby's physician. Lots of things can cause this including intestinal bacterial infections or even a lactose intolerance or allergy. It needs to be addressed.

Comment

2 diarrhea sent home or 1 diarrhea and another illness symptom sent home. May not return for full 24 hours after being symptom free.

Comment

Originally posted by saved4always View Post
          My illness policy is:

Child(ren) with the following symptoms should not be brought to childcare. Parent will be contacted to pick up child as soon as possible if child develops any of these symptoms while at childcare.

Fever: 100 degrees F. Child may return when fever-free for 24 hours without use of Tylenol.
          Vomiting: Child may return if there has been no vomiting for 24 hours.
          Diarrhea: Defined as increase in number of stools normal for that child or increased water in stool that is not caused by antibiotic use. Child may return when condition improves.
          Eye Infection: Conjunctivitis/Pinkeye. Child may return after 24 hours of antibiotic therapy.
          Chicken Pox: Child may return when all lesions have dried and crusted.
          Head Lice: Child may return when hair has been treated and all nits removed.
          Strep Throat: Child may return after 24 hours of antibiotic therapy.
          I remember when my policy was short and sweet like this. Then came MRSA and scabies... etc. I got "Well I didn't see anything about excluding for this in your handbook" It's there now!! Common sense should tell the parent it is a contagious illness duh! BUT to cover my rear I have extended my illness policy to a whole page. I'm sure I am missing an illness or 2 and when/if someone makes a stink about it I will enter it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PitterPatter View Post
            I remember when my policy was short and sweet like this. Then came MRSA and scabies... etc. I got "Well I didn't see anything about excluding for this in your handbook" It's there now!! Common sense should tell the parent it is a contagious illness duh! BUT to cover my rear I have extended my illness policy to a whole page. I'm sure I am missing an illness or 2 and when/if someone makes a stink about it I will enter it as well.
            I did have a MRSA case once now that I think about it. I guess my policy does not address that now that you pointed it out. Luckily the parent had common sense and did not bring the child til he was okay. I actually copied my illness policy off of a center's that I found on the internet years ago when I created my contract. I only have one more week of doing this gig in my home, so I guess it has served me well. I am sure I would have run into some kind of issue at some point and have just been lucky to have parents who could think beyond just the policy and cared about me and the other kids.

Comment

I will determine if a child may attend ***x Childcare. There may be times when a doctor has written a note and the child still will not be admitted to ensure the well being of the rest of the children. Younger children cannot cover their cough/sneeze and often “mouth” everything. They need to be home rather than sharing their germs with everyone. Please do not bring a sick child. You will be asked to take your child home upon arrival.

Comment

Working...
              X