Sleep Toys From Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep Toys From Home

Do you allow sleep toys from home for a 3 year old.....and that goes back and forth every day? Do you try to wean it out?

Yes, I allow a blanket and toy for nap time...no matter the age! These items comes out for nap time and go back into their bag once nap time is over.

Comment

I currently have a 3yo with sleep lovey(s). It stays here. There is no going back & forth with the lovey. He has 2 at home & one here. I do not see any reason for weaning from a lovey at nap, unless it is keeping everyone awake. (like a loud rattle inside a stuffed animal or something). At home, he also needs a lighted music box thingy that mom tried to send here with him, and he hated it here, cant sleep without it at home. Kids are wierd.

I have a fleece or flannel blanket (a special, unique one for each child). When they move on from my daycare, it goes with them. It often reaches a lovie status while here...I do not have a problem with that, it is something special at my house that they do not have to share.

Comment

Originally posted by Solandia View Post
        I currently have a 3yo with sleep lovey(s). It stays here. There is no going back & forth with the lovey. He has 2 at home & one here. I do not see any reason for weaning from a lovey at nap, unless it is keeping everyone awake. (like a loud rattle inside a stuffed animal or something). At home, he also needs a lighted music box thingy that mom tried to send here with him, and he hated it here, cant sleep without it at home. Kids are wierd.

I have a fleece or flannel blanket (a special, unique one for each child). When they move on from my daycare, it goes with them. It often reaches a lovie status while here...I do not have a problem with that, it is something special at my house that they do not have to share.
        I don't have a problem with having a lovie....it's the going back and forth I don't like. The thing is filthy! I was hoping to find a replacement here that could be his to use.....but to keep here.

Comment

I dont do loveys here. I guess I am just a big meany. I've never seen them as anything but a problem when they come back and forth and never had an issue weaning off at daycare. I have had two different kids get outrageously obsessed with theirs, searching bags for it, screaming for it and the whole day was spent trying to get that paci/toy/blanket. I just weaned them off cold turkey and within a day or toy it was like a whole different child.

Comment

I allow sleep toys for every age . My own son is 7 years old and won't sleep without his teddy, so maybe that's why I'm a softie on this. The children are only allowed to have their sleep toys at nap time though.

Comment

Back and Forth

I only have one who brings a lovey. She's 2, and I don't see the point of weaning her. She does bring it back and forth each day because she has to have it. The few times she hasn't had it here, she's cried herself to sleep. I keep it put away until nap and then put it back away until she leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom&Provider View Post
                Yes, I allow a blanket and toy for nap time...no matter the age! These items comes out for nap time and go back into their bag once nap time is over.
                I am the same way EXCEPT the lovies do not go home. I request that the item be left in their cubbies because all too often a lovie will get brought home and forgotten and then I have a kid who is hysterical at nap time when they don't have it.

I have also had kids forget their lovie here and no one realizes it until bed time and then I get a frantic parent calling me at 8:30 at night wondering if they can come get the lovie....NOT going to happen since I live out of town and my daycare is in town. Even if I did live in my daycare home, I don't think I'd be cool with a parent stopping over in the evening for any reason.

So lovies are ok here for any age but it has to stay in their cubbie. I can throw it in the weekly wash too if it gets to nasty/dirty so that is another positive for keeping one here.

Comment

For those of you that have a duplicate that stays in your daycare area, how do you spin/explain to the kids that their lovey made it from home to their cubby?

My daughter's getting too old/savvy (and I hate to lie to her) to make up a story like her lovey is magically running/teleporting back and forth but I can see how it would be easier on us and the provider to leave a spare there. Do you just tell them that their lovey has a twin at daycare and they're fine with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mommy2One View Post
                    For those of you that have a duplicate that stays in your daycare area, how do you spin/explain to the kids that their lovey made it from home to their cubby?

My daughter's getting too old/savvy (and I hate to lie to her) to make up a story like her lovey is magically running/teleporting back and forth but I can see how it would be easier on us and the provider to leave a spare there. Do you just tell them that their lovey has a twin at daycare and they're fine with that?
                    I just tell them this is their daycare lovie, their lovie from home is at home.

Never had a child have issue with that. IME, if they do, there are bigger issues than just the lovie.....kwim?

Comment

Same here! Lovies for nap okay, but have to stay here and it has to be something that is washable.

Comment

Working...
                      X