Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Get Tips?

Hello,

just a quick question. Have any of you received a tip from your daycare parents?

Yesterday was my first time getting one from a family. Wasn't much, but it was very thoughtful. I was then curious and looked up tipping etiquette, and to my surprise, daycare providers are on the list to receive a tip anywhere from $25-$75 plus a small gift from the child.

out of my 4 years of being a provider, this is the first time I ever received a tip. I have had plenty of gifts on my birthday, and christmas...but a cash tip just for good services was a surprise to me.

Anyways.. happy monday people!

That's awesome!

I got a $10.00 tip once... I told the parents they accidentally paid too much and they told me to keep it, and thanked me for being so great to their child.

2 weeks later, they shorted me $10.00, LOL.

Oh well...

Comment

I get tipped most weeks because I don't provide change. They just round up and call it even.

Comment

sunshine..they shorted u? oh no. some tip...

well...i guess its more common than i expected. i live and cater to low income families...might be a reason why i never seen a tip before.

Comment

Tips? Sure. "You'll need an umbrella today, it's starting to rain" and "Susie was whiny this morning so you might want to keep an eye on her". ::

I did have one mom pay be $10 to much, but before I could get my hopes up, she said "I don't have change. Just use that to buy the baby's food this week instead of me bringing it."

As for the other kind, no. I only got one Christmas present--and it was a complete shock.

Comment

I've only kinda gotten a tip once--$5. A parent had taken his kid out of care because they had another kid, and I didn't have the space. He had brought dcb for drop-in and paid $5 too much. He said I could keep it when he left that day.

I don't receive birthday or Christmas presents often. Only one dcf has given me anything the last 2 Christmases. In 2010, I got a $25 gift card to Applebees. In 2011, they gave me $40 cash! (We went to Orlando on Christmas Day, so it was so sweet that they gave me cash!) I have 2 moms who are pregnant and only 1 possible spot, and I think I'm going to lose the nice family. She wants to take her 3yo out for her 3month leave. It's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunchimes View Post
              Tips? Sure. "You'll need an umbrella today, it's starting to rain" and "Susie was whiny this morning so you might want to keep an eye on her". ::
              :::: When people mention tips, my DH always says, "Never play leapfrog with a unicorn" or "Never pet a burning dog." ::::

As far as tips from daycare parents, I have received them but never on purpose. It is usually just because they don't have the correct change or they miscalculate and simply say "keep it" and those are the only real tips I have ever gotten. (I have gotten bonuses/cash gifts before but I don't consider those tips)

Comment

I've only gotten one "tip" and that was from a DCD that ran out of checks and had asked to pay me that afternoon rather than morning. He went to the ATM and they didn't dispense the correct change. He said they didn't have correct change and he didn't ask for change. He handed me the extra $25 and told me to keep the change.

Comment

interesting...so for the most part.. some people have gotten tips because lack of change. which is exactly what I expected. it was just weird to find us so high on the tip etiquette list right above parking attendants and personal trainers.

Comment

How often did they say we were supposed to receive tips? On certain occasions?

I've never gotten one, ever...but I don't expect them. I did get a thank you card once.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterSchoolMom View Post
                      How often did they say we were supposed to receive tips? On certain occasions?

I've never gotten one, ever...but I don't expect them. I did get a thank you card once.
                      good question, i read it through fairly quickly, so I didn't catch that. I would assume only certain occasions. Holiday, or monthly. 25-75 bucks is a bit much for weekly tip. Either way...i just thought it was funny, cause I never expected one before. haha

Comment

Originally posted by icaredaycare View Post
                        Hello,

just a quick question. Have any of you received a tip from your daycare parents?

Yesterday was my first time getting one from a family. Wasn't much, but it was very thoughtful. I was then curious and looked up tipping etiquette, and to my surprise, daycare providers are on the list to receive a tip anywhere from $25-$75 plus a small gift from the child.

out of my 4 years of being a provider, this is the first time I ever received a tip. I have had plenty of gifts on my birthday, and christmas...but a cash tip just for good services was a surprise to me.

Anyways.. happy monday people!
                        Not really. A couple times if an old DCMs total was $18 and she didn't have change she would say keep the tip but I don't really consider that a tip because she was usually late paying anyway and back then I wasn't charging late fees.

With my history of clients I am just happy to be paid in full and on time! I am blessed with a new client that started in December who does pay in FULL and ON TIME, EVERYTIME! I am sure to thank her bunches every pay day!!

Comment

Most parents give me a Christmas "bonus" but I've never received (or expected) a tip any other time. I'm just happy when they pay me what they owe me on time!

Comment

I have received money and gift cards at Christmas, but not at any other time. I would gladly accept them though!

Comment

Working...
                            X