Need Suggestions For Hand Drying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Suggestions For Hand Drying

What do you use for drying hands? We are required to have paper towels and they cost a fortune. Anyone have a good source for some cheap ones or other alternative they use successfully?

We are required to use paper towels too.

You could get cloth towels, and have one for each child. Get their name embroidered, or have a certain color for each.

Then hang them on a stick on hook on the wall of the bathroom.

As long as each child has their own, and they are not touching while hanging on the wall, it should be fine for sanitation requirements.

Comment

I just use paper towels for now. I have the towel holder on the wall in the restroom too for kids and I stress only 1! They don't ven dry them well anyway they grab one wipe once and toss into the can. My bigger peeve is all of the paper towels falling out all over the floor because they don't wad them up s they lay open and rest on each other taking more space and I have to constantly push them down which then requires me to wash my hands Cheapest way is generic brand for the restroom and buy in bulk. They don't really use them anyway and my family uses hand towels.

I forget who it was here but they had a set up where each child had their own hand towel. I tried that but then was constant complaining so and so used my towel and a holy fit would follow so that didn't work well here. Gotta cut the stress where I can.

Comment

Paper towels

We have to use paper towels as well or have a separate towel for each child. I use the paper towels. I buy the store brand kind that is the select-a-size, so I give each child the first section (I think it's about half the regular size).

When I first got licensed, my state surveyor told me that a lady cut the regular paper towels in half and put them in a basket in the bathroom.

Comment

I use tea towels. Excellent fabric, inexpensive, and they hold up to regular washing and use. I bought a large pack and I used fabric paint to write each child's name on his or her towel in a different color. I wash these at the end of each day.

Comment

I buy from discount school supply the folded type in bulk. I have thought about purchasing a dispenser for them. But right now, I just have a little shelf mounted next to the sink for them to grab one. it is about 30.00 but it last about 3-4 months.

Comment

I cut them in half. It takes extra time, but its very relaxing!

Comment

We use the bifold paper towels from Sam's. 4000 in a box for $22.00

Lori

Comment

I buy a case of the folded kind from Costco and they last for months and I also use them for wiping things down after cleaning. I actually stand there while they wash their hands, we sing a song twice and then I hand them two towels.
                  Each day is a fresh start
                  Never look back on regrets
                  Live life to the fullest
                  We only get one shot at this!!

Comment

I use hand towels/tea towels. Each child has their own. They are hanging from the wall by a clothespin.

The specifics: On the wall by the sink, I have drywall screws that I knotted a 6" length of thin nylon rope to the screw and on the other end I tied on a clothespin.

This particular rope is more pliable than clotheline, more like the thinkness & feel of yarn, but nylon...like a kite string, but thicker. It happened to be what I had on hand. The 6" is because that is the current standard for toys and strings on clothing to prevent strangulation. Drywall screws so the kids can't pull them out.

It is nice because it is at the child's height, they can choose to take the towel down to use and hang it back up without it falling off a rack/dowel onto the floor. Or it can just stay on the clothespin.

Comment

I use white wash clothes with a basket that the kids throw them in so they are one use. I then wash them at night and resuse the next day.

Comment

We use the multi fold ones from Costco. I have 2 sinks and the towels next to each of them. The kids know they can only have 1 towel each time and are pretty good about it. We wash hands a lot and I have 12 of them. We go through a case about every 2 - 2 1/2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by satcook View Post
                          We use the bifold paper towels from Sam's. 4000 in a box for $22.00

Lori
                          This is what we do now also. The dispenser was only $25-$30 not bad

the 4000 box is your standard brown rougher paper towel great for bathroom use. Dries hands and does the trick.

the 2000 box is the same price but they are white, more paper towely and thick. I lovethis these in the kitchen for me. They are super thick, very absorbant and AWESOME for cleaning lunch off the floor and tosing. They are thick enough where you can rinse them out and keep cleaning the floor till your done.

I also have the wash cloth bins for art hand clean up. Single use, wash a child, put in wash pile and on to the next.

I really think I have stopped buying regular paper towels all together! happyface

Comment

My kids all have their own colored towels. For me as the caregiver it needs to be a single use towel and I just use washclothes that I purchased at walmart and throw them in the laundry. I think if I let them sit, it would be at most 3/4 a load of laundry extra a week, and realistically, probably more like 1/2. So for someone who makes their own laundry detergent and has a well, the only thing I am paying for is my electricity and the minor cost of soap. I hang dry everything in the summer and these I clip in my line downstairs so for me it is really just the cheapest way to do it!

Comment

Great info...Thx

Can someone tag this thread...not sure how, I would love to come back to this at a later time.

Thanks...Happy Friday

Comment

Working...
                              X