So Excited About Dr. Seuss B-Day, Share Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Excited About Dr. Seuss B-Day, Share Ideas

Can you share what you do for the day, week or month..

For those of you that do FUnshine express have you got your box yet? I can't wait to see what is in it.

here is one fun link I found

Also, anyone have a pattern or craft idea to make hats?

No but that's a fun idea! Thanks for sharing!happyface

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
      For those of you that do FUnshine express have you got your box yet? I can't wait to see what is in it.
      Not yet..... will they be doing a Seuss theme? :confused:

That is the only thing I DON'T like. I have no idea what I am buying until it gets here...

Or did I miss something somewhere, again...

Oriental Trading has great Seuss stuff...
      - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post

That is the only thing I DON'T like. I have no idea what I am buying until it gets here...

they do have a breakdown of what you will be getting in the box. if you go to the months theme, it will tell you what you will cover for that month. It does not say what will be inside, which stinks, but I always add to it anyways...

going to check out OT...great idea thanks

Comment

I think we are going to make thing one and thing two shirts too.... that would be fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Catherder View Post

Yes, Funshine Express does a celebration of Dr Suess as part of their curriculum. It is actually the theme for the whole week.
            • Monday-No materials supplied for craft
            • Tuesday-Hat of the Cat art supplies given
            • Wednesday-Truffala Trees art supplies given
            • Thursday-Red Fish/Blue Fish art supplies given
            • Friday- No materials provided.

That was 2009 and 2008 so I suppose this years is similar. (I couldn't find the 2010 or 2011 Curriculum Guides to check)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcat31 View Post
              Yes, Funshine Express does a celebration of Dr Suess as part of their curriculum. It is actually the theme for the whole week.
              • Monday-No materials supplied for craft
              • Tuesday-Hat of the Cat art supplies given
              • Wednesday-Truffala Trees art supplies given
              • Thursday-Red Fish/Blue Fish art supplies given
              • Friday- No materials provided.

That was 2009 and 2008 so I suppose this years is similar. (I couldn't find the 2010 or 2011 Curriculum Guides to check)
              Cool, Thanks!! I got a shipping confirmation, so I guess it will be here tomorrow.
              - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

I have about 5 different Dr. Suess idea resources pinned here: http://pinterest.com/hilary_cypher/w...so-doing-this/
                I am excited, too! The kids (and I!) always have so much fun with Dr. Seuss week!!!happyface

Comment

thanks for sharing that. I hope its fun stuff. I accidentally placed my order too late with funshine exp and won't get it until Tuesday....

here is another link....craft ideas

Comment

We eat green eggs and ham for breakfast

I have a cat in the hat costume (hat, gloves, bow-tie and tail) that I'll wear on Friday, probably only until the kids ask for a turn which will probably be all of 10 minutes .

Other than that jus reading all if their favorite Dr. Seuss books.

On Saturday I'm taking my DD to Lakeshpre Learning for free crafts in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday. That's just for our own special girls day bonding time.

Comment

Daily theme

Monday- Crazy Sock Day

Tuesday-??for what the kids bring/wear

Wednesday-Wacky Wednesday

Thursday-Hat Day

Friday-??for what the kids bring/wear

Dr. Seuss’s Birthday! Green Eggs and Ham!

I'll be doing special art projects and stuff but we did this type of thing last year (daily things) and the kids loved it. I think I had a pajama day last year but we did one recently. Any other ideas?

Comment

Well, my Funshine Buttercups kit got here...

Nothing Seussical.. Great info on Managing Behaviors, Routines, Scaffolding, Centers and Inclusion, though.

Worth checking out for newer folks. Would have been nice in my first few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                          Well, my Funshine Buttercups kit got here...

Nothing Seussical.. Great info on Managing Behaviors, Routines, Scaffolding, Centers and Inclusion, though.

Worth checking out for newer folks. Would have been nice in my first few years.
                          really....it says on the website that it cover the DOCS b-day

wait are you firefiles or buttercups?

this is what they have listed for march
                          Silly Dr. Seuss*
                          You Are What You Eat (2)+
                          Here Comes the Circus

Comment

Originally posted by daycare View Post
                            really....it says on the website that it cover the DOCS b-day

wait are you firefiles or buttercups?

this is what they have listed for march
                            Silly Dr. Seuss*
                            You Are What You Eat (2)+
                            Here Comes the Circus
                            Nope...my week one "Spring" is "Good Eats" and is all about the sippy cup.... It is buttercups.

Maybe I need to bump up to fireflys next time...

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Herder View Post
                              Nope...my week one "Spring" is "Good Eats" and is all about the sippy cup.... It is buttercups.

Maybe I need to bump up to fireflys next time...
                              the fireflies is pretty good, but a lot of the stuff is difficult for even some of my 4 year olds. The girls get it pretty quick, but they are both 4 and I think are above average academically. The boys that are 4 are light years behind those two and struggle with a lot of the activities...

I have to change them for the boys

Comment

Working...
                              X