Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family that can't take "NO" for an answer (vent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family that can't take "NO" for an answer (vent)

I just got off the phone with my father. He wants me to be a back up provider for my brother's child.

First of all, I talk to my father about once every two weeks. We never lived together and don't have a close relationship.

Second of all, I never lived with my brother, I haven't seen him in about three years, and I've never met his child.

I do NOT want to take on another child, even as a drop in - especially a family member's child that isn't familiar with me, and vice versa - all while I'm battling hyperemesis. I'm quite content with my DC situation right now and don't want to add any stress.

I tried to tell him - that I'm sick, tired, the baby is enough work for me, that I don't think I can handle another child, especially a toddler.... and he just kept saying "well, it'll only be for awhile....well, it'll only be when I can't do it....well, he's really easy...."

GRRRR!! I didn't want to come right out and say "h-ll no, I don't want to", but can't he just take the really BIG hint?

Sorry, hun....

My family (extended) did that often for quite a long while. After you say NO enough times they do finally stop calling.

I see most of them less than once a year, now....
    - Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.

Comment

Working...
    X