When Kids Go Potty....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Kids Go Potty....

I just thought of this question when I was posting about the dad who peeks in the window/door..... When you have a child potty training and you are helping them do you close the bathroom door??

I leave it open - the bathroom is in my hallway - I can keep a bit of an eye on the playroom with the door open but the daycare kids can not see the child going potty either. I'm usually kneeling down there with them "blocking" them anyway. Do you always shut the door with you and dck inside??

I am potty training my daughter now. She is almost 2.5 and doing great. I want to leave the door open but she wants it closed. I put her on the potty (the toilet with the kiddy seat) shut the door with her in there and then open it a minute later. Help her wipe and wash her hands with the door open. I am in the hall between the bathroom and the playroom so I can hear both areas. It has been a challenge these last two weeks. Once she is trained I will still need to help her. She is tiny...24 lbs and not tall enough to turn the water on. I would love to have a potty in the playroom but can't because of licensing. I only watch girls during the day so she could go, wipe, and I could clean out the potty chair and wash her hands easily. Another rule to follow!!!
    Proud Mommy of Six...

Comment

My bathroom is inside the daycare room. I crack the door so I can see if they need help and hear them while they talk to me. They love to chat while on the toilet.

Comment

When potty trained kids go potty they close the door. When I am training kids or they are newly trained then I still go and at least stand by the door with the door open while the other kids sit across the hall with a toy or book.

Comment

my kids leave the door open until around 4 or when I know they won't be getting into stuff I group potty train so no privacy there.
          It:: will wait

Comment

My restroom is right off the playroom, so I can hear everything (door closed or not). I also change diapers in the restroom.

I do everything with the door closed to prevent the young toddlers from going in there (they immediately climb on the stool, get into the trash, play with the toilet paper, etc.). It's just easier to do my business with the other kids in the bathroom without constant redirection.

Comment

Open unless I birthed them. Sight and sound at all times.

Comment

ok, glad to see I am not the only one who keeps the door open, I was afraid it was some big no-no but its just always worked better that way. They eventually want privacy and can go alone as they get a little older but when training a little 2 year old they need the help the whole time really. When you walk in my foyer the playroom is to your right and bathroom to the left down the hall a bit so I can see the playroom while standing in that doorway but got very creeped out with the DCD who starts peeking in my front door to "watch" his daugher play while I had another child in the bathroom. The screen door is always locked so he couldn't enter - I just hate how he cups his hands around his eyes and peeks in like that and really want to tell him to knock it off.

Comment

My bathroom is right by the entryway so I just cracked it so I can hear if they need help.

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
                    Absolutely!! Stuff can get flushed in the blink of an eye and is more likely with a closed door. A closed door, ime, also means that poop/pee accidents can be more easily overlooked. Trouble happens behind closed doors! LoL!

Comment

Originally posted by laundrymom View Post
                      heck, even the ones I birthed need you to hover over them to clean up the pee they get on the seat, remind them to flush, to wash their hands, etc.!!!!!!! Can you tell I have boys?? ::

Comment

Working...
                      X